Ditching School

Ditching School

Susan's POV

Today we were attending a new school, preferably Aloe's school. It was a private school open to both boys and girls. There were two different sets of classes. One was for juniors (10-13) and then there were the seniors (14-18). Edmund, Peter, Aloe and I were in the seniors and we had many classes together. This school was massively different to our old school. We were separated into classes of the same ages; however, here we are put into classes of certain subjects of the same ability.

We all thought it would be a good idea to take similar subjects so that we could help each other with homework and stick together, because Aloe said there were many bullies in this school, but as long as we stood our ground and stay out of people's way then we might survive. Aloe told us it was one of the best private schools in the area, because her father is the deputy headmaster.

We walked into the school grounds with Sir Patrick, or as we were supposed to call him here Professor Patrick, leading the way. He brought us to the main office where we picked up our class schedule and information booklets. We all had the same classes apart from Thursdays were Peter and I had business studies and Aloe and Edmund had History. That was one of the perks of being older. You had more options to choose from, but when it came to homework we had the level 3 papers whereas the others had level 2. Bummer.

RING RING. There goes the bell. First period had just finished. We had five fifty minute lessons a day with a 20 minute break after second period and a 45 minute lunch time after 3rd period and lunch registration. Unfortunately, during registration we had to be in a class with similar ages. I was in RG (registration group) 10F. Aloe and Edmund were in the same registration group and Peter was in RG 12N.

The first lesson we had was English Literature. Aloe walked us all the way to classroom ENG3. Students looked at us all the way there. Many of the older girls smirked at Peter and winked at him, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. Peter was my brother after all. The boys who looked around Edmund's age where looking at Aloe as if she was the shiny new toy. However, they sent us tons of glares as Edmund reached over had intertwined his fingers with Aloe's.

Peter and I shared a glance as the two were acting all couple like. Peter and I thought that this marriage deal was a bit funny, because we get to see Edmund flirt with his future wife. But really, this new deal made him more mature and made him more aware of things he should or shouldn't do.

"Good morning students," the teacher introduced. Her name was Miss Rosebury as it said on her name tag. She was quite young and had her auburn hair tied up in bun. She was wearing a white blouse with a black pencil skirt and some black heels.

"Excuse me miss, we have three new students," Aloe announced as we walked into the class. Miss Rosebury glanced at us before checking her register.

"Ah yes, the Pevensies, please take a seat on this table of four and I will hand you some exercise books," She replied quickly shuffling around the classroom.

The four of us were having a quiet discussion before a girl walked into the classroom and noticed us sitting there.

"Oh look, it's the new kids," She snared. Kids? She is the kid if she thinks it's pretty to wear a skirt that short. She walked to the back of the class, brushing Peter's shoulder flirtatiously. Aloe and I just rolled our eyes as Edmund smirked at him.

The lesson was quite enjoyable. I had done much work on Shakespeare's sonnets back in our old school. The best part was when we had a table competition on who could list the most plays and sonnets written by Shakespeare. When the girl in the back, who I heard was called Jamie, put her hand up proudly to say she had named 19, we raised our hand to say we had found 24. The look on her face as miss handed us each a medal for our achievement was priceless.