The Truth Comes in

Edmund's POV

Narnia was absolutely gob smacking. I didn't believe Lucy at first, but when Aloe brought me there, I was lost for words. Despite the fact I was almost killed, I generally had a great time.

The Queen of Narnia was very kind to me and Aloe. She said that I would be a prince one day. Me! She also said that my brother and sisters would be my slaves. I would never think about it that way but it would be nice to be shown a little respect once in a while. She gave Aloe this amazing dress with a matching crown and shoes, which I bet would look amazing on her.

I couldn't help but break a little when she said that she was watching her weight. Aloe was only 14, like me. Teenagers our age shouldn't be watching anything but movies ideally. What made me laugh about her conversation with the Queen was her look of realization when the Queen suggested she had just grown out of her dress. She didn't need to watch her weight. She was perfectly in shape as anyone could be. I would be sure to remind her of that every time she would bring it up.

She kept calling Aloe 'Princess'. She hadn't told me anything about this when we were discussing it in the locked room, but I probably would have called her crazy for talking about a world in a wardrobe. However, when the Queen was talking to me about being King, she didn't mention anything about Aloe. I was afraid that the Queen was going to abandon Aloe. I knew that the next time we were to return to Narnia, that's if we ever return I was going to keep Aloe away from the White Witch.

***

Peter's POV

It was really late at night when Lucy woke me up. She was going on about the forest in the wardrobe again. I've had enough of this nonsense already. I know Lucy is still quite young and she hasn't fully matured yet, but I was pretty sure that a forest in a wardrobe was a bit much for one girl to imagine. She looked happy which was one thing I was glad about, but I wanted her to be happy for things that were real and not have false hope.

It was once again that Edmund was joking around making Lucy cry and run off. He had said that he was pretending to go along when Lucy said that she saw Aloe and Edmund go there too. I gave Edmund a death glare and shove him onto is bed as I ran after Lucy. I was careful not to make a sound because everyone was practically asleep.

I turned many corners with Susan at my back only to find Lucy hugging Mr Lawyers. Aloe was behind him and she was wearing a coat and boots over her night gown. I wonder where she might have gone. She was probably wearing it to go back to the rooftops, where I saw her and Edmund making out the other night. That's right, I saw. It was rather disturbing, but rather amusing for Edmund to be flirting. I'd say he got it from dad.

"Aloe I would like you to wake the maid and tell her to make us all some hot chocolate, I'm sure we will need it. Once you have done that return to my office but drop Lucy of at her room and bring four hot chocolates to my office," Mr Lawyers ordered.

"Yes father," Aloe replied. She took Lucy's hand and walked down the stairs, hugging her tightly to comfort her. Aloe was very caring and gentle. It was almost like she didn't have any hatred in her.

"Now you two," Mr Lawyers started, "Let's talk in my office."

We followed Mr Lawyers around many staircases until we reached his office. It wasn't very big, mainly because it was filled to the brim with books. However, they didn't look like they were printed. Each book had pages which were slightly wrinkled and was struggling to close it. They were handwritten.

"Take a seat," Mr Lawyers commanded. Susan and I sat in the velvet red armchairs in front of Mr Lawyer's grand desk. It was covered in paper and had many manuscripts laying over it. He had a special pot for his special fountain pens in which he had written with.

"You seem to have seemed to have upset the delicate internal balance of my housekeeping," Mr Lawyer said while lighting his pipe.

"Our apologies Mr Lawyers," I said sincerely, "It won't happen again."

I quickly looked at Susan signalling that we should leave before Aloe walked in with a tray holding four mugs of hot chocolate. She placed them onto the desk and handed them to us. I guess we weren't leaving after all.

"Oh please Peter, call me Sir Patrick," He gladly said, "I can tell calling Mr Lawyers every time will be very annoying."

"It's our sister Sir" Susan said eagerly, "She thinks she has found a magical land in the upstairs wardrobe."

Aloe and Sir Patrick exchanged a glance before returning to their hot chocolates. We then explained everything that Lucy had said to us. We told him about the place called Narnia, Mr Tumnus and that she had seen Aloe and Edmund there too. He looked very interested and almost excited when we said that Aloe went.

"You went dearest daughter?" Sir Patrick asked Aloe. She didn't say anything, but she just nodded with joy. Sir Patrick stroked his beard.

"Sir you can't be saying that you actually believe her," I spoke unbelievably. Sir looked at Aloe and nodded as if he was signing for her to do something.

"Look," Aloe finally announced, "It's time for you to know the truth."

The truth? Oh boy. I wasn't about to insult Aloe by saying she was crazy but it wasn't hard for me to think it. All this time I had been thinking about how mature she was and now she was going to come out and tell me that a magical world exists in her wardrobe!

"Years ago, my parents had discovered Narnia. When telling your mother it was the same reaction as yours. She didn't choose to believe it, but she went with it so that she wouldn't lose my parents as friends. At least that's what I have heard. They were crowned King and Queen and lived in Narnia for a good amount of time. It wasn't until a year after I had been born that they returned after a war had broken out. Since then they have not returned in hope that someone else would fulfil the prophecy and open the gate for them. That's where you guys come in. The prophecy tells that two sons of Adam and two daughter of Eve will return to Narnia with the Princess of the ancient times and save Narnia from the White Witch, but also allowing the gate of who can pass throughout worlds to finally open. It basically means that people who were in Narnia are allowed to come in and out when they please. I would carry on, but I would sound even crazier if I did," She finished with a sigh.

Oh, my goodness. Everything was true. It would normally take more than one person to make me believe something like this, but it just felt right. I could see that Susan still wasn't buying it. Aloe wasn't very much younger than Susan, but Susan saw her as a little kid. This was normally influenced by the fact she was going out with her younger brother. We always saw Edmund as a baby when we were younger, that was why we always treat him as if we were the adults because we wanted to toughen him up.

We were finally excused to go to bed and think about what we had just been told. Sir Patrick said that we were going to be taking part in something very important in the next few days and that we needed this information to go ahead with it. It all sounded very random and strange, but I followed it any way.

When I returned to my room, Edmund was already asleep with an empty mug of hot chocolate on his bed stand. I knew that Aloe would have brought him one even if he wasn't needed.

It took me a while to fall asleep. I kept twisting and turning and getting really uncomfortable. I just couldn't get the picture of Aloe's expression when she explained to us about the prophecy. She looked scared and almost sad. It broke me a little. It had been a few weeks since we arrived here and me and Aloe got along well. She acted like a little sister to me even though she was a few years younger. I just had the longing feeling to protect her as if she were my own sibling. But of course, I would leave the protecting role to Edmund.