Scream until it Hurts

*listen to the song while reading, if you can*

Third Person POV

She edged slowly through the sneers and insults that were thrown at her head. Her head hung low in sorrow and despair. Every step she took made her heart beat faster. She was dressed in colours of only the bravest warrior of Narnia as her beauty was an outcast from the fear in her glossy brown orbs. The anticipation slowly weakened her legs through every step.

'Just one more step,' she thought as she slowed down towards the stairs. She reached the end of the never ending path way and stood facing the menacing woman of false pride.

"Bind her!" The Witch bellowed over the yells and jeers coming from the ransom animals.

A satisfied looking dwarf grabbed an old rope from the floor and tied it tightly around the prisoner's wrist ending with a lead that was given to the Witch. A smug look appeared on her face as the fear in the prisoner's eyes was clearly visible. She motioned with her hand for the congregation to fall silent. The suspense grew like a rose bush in the spring. The more there was of it the more it would hurt you. It was instantly silent. The only thing that could be heard was the burning of the dimly lit flames that were dotted around the area.

"Let her first," the witch began, "Be flogged."

Evil laughter shocked the prisoner's ears as a rough pair of hands removed the leather tunic that lay over her green blouse. She watched as it was chucked to one side and set on fire by a deformed pigman.

"Ginarrbrik, do the honours please," the Witch invited. The dishevelled dwarf took the whip in hand. It was fairly long and was made out of a strong rope. At the tip were three separate lengths with a claw like blade attached to the end, made for ultimate pain.

The taunting creatures beat their weapons on the floor in amusement as they watched Ginarrbrik prepare for the first hit. He raised the rope in the air and with a yell brought it down onto the prisoner's skin. The sharp claws latched onto the skin on her bare back cutting deeper underneath the skin with every second. She hollered with all her might.

The Witch took out her staff and quickly tapped the floor. Ginarrbrik was now in slow motion. As he withdrew whip it dragged down the white flesh of the prisoner tearing in every direction. The pain was ten times worse. The prisoner could feel her luscious skin tearing and pouring with blood. It felt as if her body was being ripped into shreds.

"Oh Aloenera dear," the Witch taunted, "Scream louder. It's like music to my ears,"

Aloe refused to scream. She would not bow down to this wench and neither will the rest of Narnia. The ritual repeated over and over again but nothing escaped her lips. The Witch continued to command her to scream but she wouldn't.

Two Minotaurs carried Aloe's blood soaked body to the Witches feet where she lay still but not dead.

"Tonight we witness the death of the child who is told to take over my throne, the child whose parents ruled Narnia with greed and misfortune and the child whose true father sits back and watched as she suffers in pain and blood," the Witch chanted.

"Tell me Aloenera, do you think Edmund loves you? Do you think that he really wants to marry you? Because I know that he doesn't. He loves my daughter, Jade. I want you to die knowing the truth, Aloe. Don't take it as a punishment, but as a reward for stupidity and gullibility," She chimed.

At that moment the witch's daughter walked out from behind pillar. She was young like Aloenera; however her face was gaunt like she was ill. She wore similar attire to her mother and her features were outstanding and prominent. She stood proudly by her mother's side watching over her 'people'.

"Watch carefully my people, as this will be the most entertaining part of the sacrifice," The witch announced, "The death."

The long blade was whipped up feet into the air before plummeting down to the innocent body.

"No!" A voice screamed in the distance. The noise frightened the Witch, who missed Aloenera's heart but pierced her badly on her shoulder. The Witch was furious.

"Why won't you scream?" The Witch bellowed with anger.

"It... will take more than one's blade to defeat a true Narnian heart," Aloe managed to whisper.

The Witch twisted the blade in her wound ripping it open and causing even more blood to flow. She looked over to her daughter as if on cue. She strode over to the mangled body and looked Aloenera in the eyes.

The worst pain one could ever feel had come upon her. Her heart shocked her like a bolt every time it beat. The torn skin stung like salt was being poured into ones wounds. The tears escaping from her eyes resembled the sourness of lemons and stung her eyes temporarily blinding her. Her back arched from the shock of the pain bringing the blade in her shoulder straight through the other end of her shoulder.The scream shook the land. It was a scream of true pain. The ground shook and lightning struck the ground around her writhing body. A circle of fire was made shielding the Witches from Aloe. Orders of retreat were yelled as the whole congregation left to prepare themselves for the upcoming battle ahead of them.

***

Edmund's POV

"Peter go and get help!" I yelled the hot tears running down my aching face. The horror I had just witnessed was enough to scar me for life. Peter and I watched from a high cliff not knowing who the prisoner was, but I instantly recognised the calls of pain. I remembered the scream from the time I had hurt her. It was my first mistake. I just wished I could have saved her from all this pain.

A cough escaped from Aloe's broken body.

"Edmund?" Aloe called.

"Yes Aloe, I'm here, I will never leave you again," I cried even more. My heart yearned for her. I knew there was nothing left I could do to save her. I looked around at the splatters of dried blood from when she was whipped. How could I have let this happen to her? I pulled her head onto my lap and began soothing her crying face. Her hair was still beautiful after everything she had been through. Her eyes were closed, hiding the glistening gems that I once fell in love with. Her tiny hands were stained with the blood of her braveness.

If I couldn't do anything to save her, I would be the last thing she would see in Narnia.

"Ed," She started, "Do you think they have Turkish delight in Aslan's country?"

"I don't know Aloe," I said trying to comfort her in her last few moments.

"I just want to taste it... before I ... y-you know," she tried to explain.

"No! You are not going to die. Peter will be here with help and we will help you live, Aloe. You can't die! Not like this," I cried.

"We were going to get married. I didn't like the thought of it at first, but as soon as I found out my true feelings for you it has changed. I can't see myself in the future without you. You are my life now," I sobbed heartless.

She brought her face close to mine and connected our lips for the last time. I treasured the feeling with all my heart. The softness of her kiss was so fragile for someone who was dying. She tangled her fingers in my hair as the kiss quickly became heated, but I spoke too soon.

I felt her face relax against mine and her head fell back releasing her last breath. That was the end. I was never going to forget her. I knew her for only a little time, but I knew she was my everything. She was the only key to my happiness. I would only ever do everything in Aloenera's name.

Because I love her, and I always will.