Saving the Betrayer

Aloe's POV

I woke up from having a stiff neck. Oh how I hated sleeping for days on end. It seemed that because I arrived in such a poor state, my body started shutting down and going into a hibernation mode. I would sleep for days on end and then be awake for only hours. Father said that this was necessary for my full recovery. What I had also discovered was that I was part lion. As I got older I would have more animal like features. Sleeping for many days was perhaps one of them.

I got up from my hammock and changed into the scarlet blouse and black pants that where set out for me. I popped on my gold breastplate and then my brown boots. I've had enough of dresses for the time being. I found that trekking in a dress for more than 48 hours was harder than I thought it would be.

I pulled my hair into a half up-do and set out for some early training. I grabbed my sword, bow and quiver and was about to step out of my tent, when I heard a familiar bickering coming from outside. The Pevensies, they were here. Brilliant, I had just got settled in and now I have to deal with the hatred from that lot.

"What did you mean you didn't say sorry?" I heard a familiar Edmund shout. Edmund was here too. I honestly wondered how long they have been here. I was out for a few days in which they probably arrived and didn't know I was here.

The archery field wasn't far from here, so maybe if I ran they wouldn't see me. I counted to ten to make sure that it didn't seem so suspicious. I dashed out of the tent only before I slipped on the bottom of the tent's wall making me fall with a thud.

"Aloe?" I heard Edmund question.

Oh crud.

I quickly got up from to floor and ran for the archery field, not making contact with any of the four Pevensies before me. Way to go; now they know you were here and are going to shout at you even more for eaves-dropping on their conversation.

***

Peter's POV

We arrived at Narnia this morning. I was hoping to find Aloe here, but she wasn't. It wasn't like she would want to see us anyway. It was really strange though. There were centaurs, Minotaurs and talking animals. It was not that strange considering we were brought here by some talking beavers, but to see more of Narnia's culture was amazing.

However, things have been pretty rough. Everyone believes that Edmund is a betrayer, because he gave us away to the White Witch. I was of course angry at him, but I can't help but feel guilty that I didn't treat him well enough. Maybe if I was a tad nicer, he would have stayed and wouldn't be harmed by the White Witch.

Susan, Lucy and I were sitting on the grass after the terror that just happened. While Susan and Lucy were down by the stream, some wolves surrounded them. Luckily, Susan had blown her horn and I arrived before they were eaten. But the scariest part was the one on one battle I had with the wolf I thought had died at the river. He pounced at me and I shoved my sword in his stomach.

Lucy and Susan were talking about some girly topic when I saw the centaur who I believed was called Orieus carrying someone on his back. It was Edmund. Lucy and Susan stood up to greet him, but I pulled them back as he went to talk to Aslan. He looked really beaten up. Edmund had a cut on his lip, his cheek was swollen and his legs and arms were full of bruises. This shouldn't have happened to him. If I had been a better brother then maybe he would have been here and not with the Witch. Maybe if I was a better brother, Aloe would still be here, safe and sound.

After many minutes of us watching Edmund converse with Aslan the both of them finally walked slowly towards us. Edmund looked guilty as his head hung low.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past," Aslan spoke sternly before walking a few paces towards his tent.

The girls engulfed him in heart-warming hugs. I could tell that Edmund was glad to be back, because he held onto Lucy and Susan like he was never going to see them again. I really wanted to give him a hug too, but that's not what boys do.

"Where's Aloe?" Edmund asked. Susan and I shared a scared look before turning back to Edmund. We didn't know what to say considering the fact she left us, came back and then left after we didn't say anything to her.

"It's not like you still care about her Ed. You're engaged to that chick with the White Witch anyway," Susan spoke widely out of term.

"You don't understand; I was being spelled. I didn't mean to shout at Aloe-,"

"Not to forget pushed her onto a rock that cut her arm open," I interrupted. Lucy glared at me signalling to stop making him feel guilty. To be honest you can't blame me, he has to know what he's done one way or another. The way he can learn from it or the way he can feel bad about it. I chose both.

"Where is she? Peter!" Edmund raged changing the subject.

"We don't know Ed," I started. I guess I was going to tell the full story.

"The night you left she was crying for hours. When she finally fell asleep, we were attacked by wolves. I ended up carrying her half the way through because she didn't wake up. When we got out it was all chaos. Aloe left be-,"

"She left, because she felt guilty for asking Peter to carry her out of the tunnel," Susan said trying to cover up her lies.

"You know very well that was not what happened!" I argued back at Susan, "Why don't we tell Edmund that she left, because you told her she was useless and that you were glad Edmund had hurt her that night at the beaver's den."

Susan was looking defeated. Edmund looked to Lucy to see if she was buying it, but she just frowned and looked away. Edmund was furious.

"Well it wasn't my entire fault. You were the one who didn't thank her when she saved Lucy from almost drowning, in fact, you didn't say anything," Susan sneered.

"You didn't say thank you?" Edmund spat, "Who do you think you are? She saved our little sister's life and you don't bother to say thank you? Did you know that she can't even swim? You two should be thankful that she was even there to save her."

We heard a rustling from the tent behind us and saw a female figure tumble from the entrance. Aloe was here! She quickly rushed off towards the archery stands acting like nobody was watching, even though I could tell she knew we were here. I started walking to follow her when Edmund blocked me.

"Don't," He ordered, "I don't want any of you to talk to her until you can come up with an apology."

"Like she needs one!" Susan snapped, "She deserved what she got."

Edmund was just about to throw a punch when Aslan stepped in.

"Enough!" Aslan roared, "Edmund you go see Aloe, I will deal with you two in private,"