Epilogue

Edmund's POV

Today was the day of our coronation. We were all against being kings and queens of Narnia, but Aslan insisted so that it could fulfil the prophecy. All of Narnia was invited in order to celebrate our crowning and the victory of the Battle of Beruna. Over the week we had to prepare, Peter and I had built a memorial for those who lost their lives in Beruna. I also painted a tapestry of all the happenings since we had been in Narnia. I hung them up in the soon to be thrown room so that we will always remember them.

As for Aloe, she has been very stressed out and worried for no apparent reason. After dinner she rushes off to go somewhere, and after she has finished her daily errands she is always busy with other things. I'm starting to think that she has no interest in me. She hardly ever talks to me and whenever she actually does talk, it's always to Peter, Susan or Lucy. Maybe forever was too much of a commitment to her. I mean, yes we are still young, but I am very much in love with her and thought of being away from her makes my heart ache. I do understand that we are to be married once we turn sixteen, and that may be a big step in her life, but our parents aren't asking for us to have children are they? I hope not anyways.

My maid had set out some Royal garments for me to wear for my coronation. They were a royal blue colour with golden linings and patterns. It had a detachable cape that fell down to my ankles. My boots had been polished since they got quite dirty during the battle. I looked like a King, but was I ready to be one?

The wound in my side had been healed by Lucy's cordial, but what everyone else didn't know was that the White Witches wand was laced with dark magic and her blood. And so, even though I wasn't injured, I still had her dark magic inside of me. No matter how many healing potions I take, I will never fully heal. But I didn't want people to feel sympathy for me. I didn't want my brothers and sisters to go out and search for the best witches and sorcerers to help heal me. I am no more than just a normal person. I am not as important as my other siblings. And Aloe. She doesn't deserve me. Ever since she died on that stone table and matured to her full self, she's seemed different. She is much more mature. She acts around the same age as Peter, which only worries me more. Ever since Peter died in the battle and was revived, they've been closer than ever. They take long walks on the beach, go riding in the morning and they also sit next to each other at the dining table. Does she even still love me?

I take a look at myself in the mirror. The sight disgusts me. I will never be as handsome as Peter. I will never match up to the standards that he has. In school I may have girls falling at my feet, but they don't like me for who I am. I pretend to be this boy who isn't afraid of anything, a person who thinks so highly of himself, when really it's the opposite. But enough of this sympathy. I'm going to be king of Narnia in a matter of hours.

I slight knock came from my bedroom door.

"Come in," I shout.

I adjust the collar of my garments and take a seat in the armchair beside my bed, where I read all of the Narnian folk tales. I look up to the door and see Aloe walking in with a book. She was all prepped for the coronation as well. She wore a trailing burgundy coloured dress that hugged her hourglass figure. Her lace sleeves flared out at her wrists. A cape similar to mine was attached by the shoulders, only hers matched her dress. She looked even more beautiful than the last time I saw her.

"Oh, Edmund," she gasped, "I thought this was Peter's room, many apologies."

Pain. She didn't want to see me. She wanted to see my brother. The more handsome, charming and obviously more attractive Pevensie.

"He's down the hall," I replied in satisfied.

"Thank you Edmund," She said with a smile. I just wish she was still mine. We had never broken up, but it feels like she isn't mine anymore. What had I done to lose her?

"Aloe wait," I started. She turned to face me and her reassuring smile appeared back on her face,

"What are we?" I asked.

"Pardon?" She said unsurely.

"Are we still together? are we still Aloe and Edmund? Do you even still love me?" I ask as I looked into her eyes.

"Oh Edmund," she whispered, "I never stopped loving you,"

A tear fell down her cheek as she smiled at me. I wiped it away with my thumb and took a step closer to her.

"Then why have you been avoiding me all of this time?" I chuckled.

"Because Peter told me what happened with Jade," Aloe cried, "Ed. she loves you and I can't take you away from her."

"But Aloe, I loved you first. You have my heart, not her." I said trying to comfort her.

"But how do I know that?" She questioned.

"Sign to me. Sign yourself to me. It's a sign of everlasting love. The love that will keep us together forever. I read it in a Narnian folk tale," I explained.

"Edmund, I'll be by your side, no matter what." Aloe exclaimed.

"Does that mean you sign? Because I signed myself to you."

"I guess it does," Aloe said with a smile.

At this part we were both crying. I wiped the stray tears on her cheeks and just marvelled over how beautiful she was. Her eyes were as bright as stars. They could light up the darkness in my soul and will shine through all the hatred in the world. Her soft lips spoke words of only wisdom, kidneys and love. She was selfless. She cared for everyone but herself. Not to mention the sparks I feel when our lips touch. It feels right and I'm glad that destiny has brought us together.

I stroked her cheek with the back of my hand only to earn a sacred smile from her. Our eyes connected. It was like magic. It felt as if a magnet had connected us. Whatever happened, it felt good and I'm exhilarated to know she's mine.

It wasn't long until the moment ended by Aloe pressing her delicate lips against mine in a much needed kiss. I've missed the way her lips felt against mine. To me it feels like forever.

It was so close to it being over between us. Any longer than that and we wouldn't be together, which haunts me. But she signed. And I'm so glad she did. I love Aloenera. And now, I know she loves me back.