Father Christmas

Father Christmas

Peter's POV

I hate what Edmund did to Aloe. She was broken. When she came inside, she wouldn't stop crying. None of us could get her to stop, not even the beavers that were very close to her. We realised that we couldn't do anything more than comfort her. I held her tight for what seemed like hours until she fell asleep. But even then, when I tried to get up she would grab my shirt and look at me with sad eyes.

***

We were being attacked by wolves. We didn't know who gave us away; whether it was the trees or a passer-by, but I had a feeling it was Edmund. The beavers wrapped up some essentials as I carried a sleeping Aloe out through the escape.

"Come on Peter! Just put Aloe down and run!" Susan shouted. That was when she woke up. She didn't say anything, but I could see that she was still very distressed.

Susan was very defensive about me carrying Aloe. She knew that if Aloe was smart she would stop sobbing and get around herself. Aloe wasn't normally like this, but I had to get her out before we were possibly eaten alive. I was almost by the exit when a wolf had grabbed onto the leg of my pants. I let out a strangled groan as I tripped a little.

"Peter!" Lucy screamed as she saw me almost getting attacked. Aloe took this moment to jump out of my arms and run. I quickly pulled up a twig from the ground and threw it at the wolf, buying me some time to run.

"Aloe! You see what you have done?" Susan scolded, "because of you being so self-centred, Peter could have been killed!"

Aloe was stood before the four of them looking down as if she had done something. I walked towards her, but I was stopped by a glaring Susan.

"Maybe our brother did hurt you in some sort, but I bet you deserved it. You just wanted our help so that you could survive this mess. Well guess what? I'm glad he hurt you, and I wish that he never fell for someone as heartless and selfish as you!"

My mouth hung agape along with the beavers and Lucy. How dare she say something like that! Sure, it was a struggle carrying Aloe out of the den, but I didn't expect that it was such a big deal.

Lucy had a scared look on her face. She didn't like it when we fought or shouted at people, especially Susan. She normally would be rather logical and sincere in these kinds of situations. I finally decide to sort out the row going on.

"Now, that is going too far Susan," I commented. Lucy ran over to me and I wrapped one arm around her shoulders.

"No, Peter it's not," She sneered, "If it wasn't for her you wouldn't have almost died and our brother wouldn't be in this mess, and I don't mean the fact that he is missing."

I stood there speechless. I had nothing to say. Susan was over reacting and Aloe was depressed and mad.

I kindly looked over to the beavers to see if they had an answer. They just slowly shook their heads at me. There wasn't anything I could do. I was about to speak up before Aloe finally looked at us.

"Between the mountains," She started, "That's where you'll find Edmund."

She smiled at me and Lucy one last time before walking in the opposite direction. I tried to argue for her to come back but Susan grabbed hold of my arm tightly.

"Let her go Pete," She protested, "She is no use to us now,"

***

Aloe's POV

I walked for what seemed like hours. I didn't know where I was going, but I just wanted to get away from everybody. It was all too much for me to handle. With Edmund leaving me, Peter almost dying because of me and Susan telling me I was worth nothing to them, it made me feel like I wanted to give up on myself. I wanted to go back to England where I had no problems, but I knew that I would soon be reunited with them.

The wound on my arm was dressed by Auntie B, but it still hurt like mad. It was already dark outside, so I decided to take shelter in a small dip in a rock. I couldn't bring myself to sleep, because every time I closed my eyes I pictured Edmund and Susan shouting at me. It brought tears to my eyes, but I knew I had to be strong.

I was no longer the fragile little girl that everybody used to think was so polite. I have evolved and I was the new Aloe. I got up from out of the rock, and tried to do something that I hadn't in a long time. I got up from underneath the rock and stood facing the tree.

I held out my hand and conjured a flame. I had been able to do this since I was little. My mother and father once told me that I would grow up to be an Elemental. They also told me I inherited the power, because the White Stag granted their wish of protection for their daughter. I would only be protected if I gained a power that I would use to shield myself and others from harm.

I threw the flame at the tree and it turned into snow. Obviously, my powers won't work properly unless I wanted to use it intentionally. I knew that the trees were alive and that if I did use my powers properly it would shriek in pain.

I heard a crunch behind me. I put out the flames in my hand and stood still, making sure not to make any noise. I looked around to see if anyone was there but nobody showed up.

"Susan? Peter? Lucy? If it's any of you guys I promise to stay out of your way!" I said to try and ease the tension.

"Now why would you want to do that?" a voice came from behind me. I whipped my head around to see a very familiar looking man standing behind me.

"Father Christmas!" I exclaimed excitedly. I ran up to him and gave him a hug. I remember him coming to visit me when I was little. I got upset, because I thought he wasn't going to come back, but sadly it was me who wasn't coming back until now.

"It's been a while young one, but we have a lot to go through" He said pulling a bag out from his sleigh.

He pulled out a small sword with a belt that had a white sheath with golden swirls decorating it. The handle was silver and had a snake winding around it.

"I can see you fighting very big battles in the future and this will be very handy," He said as he handed me the sword. I studied the sword closely thanking him. I attached the sword to the belt and put it around my waist.

He then pulled out a small box that contained a ring. It was silver and had very detailed patterns on it. It had a little compartment where the gem would be and was filled with a silvery powder. I took it from where he was holding it and slipped it on my ring finger on my right hand.

"This ring contains the powder from the volcanic lands. If you sprinkle it in a liquid it can save a life. Now, you must take care of it and I only recommend you use it once. If it gets into the wrong hands it may end badly," He whispered.

He then handed me a bow and arrow and then said the same things he did with the sword. He said that I would be needing this in times where there isn't a battle but mere defence is needed.

Finally he handed me a cloak. It was silky on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It had golden rims and a gem clip where it would tie at your neck.

"Just to keep warm," He said with a chuckle. I thanked him once again. I suddenly, had this urge to get something for the Pevensies.

"Um Sir, do you have anything that I can give to my friends the Pevensies?" I asked kindly.

"I indeed do, however, I have a feeling I will be seeing them very soon," He said while rummaging through his bag, "Although I do have something for that runaway boy of yours."

He handed me a sword which was bigger than mine but was much lighter. He also handed me a shield which had a crown on it. I knew that Edmund would like it, but I didn't know if he would accept it from me. It hurt to know that they were all against me, but I was too fragile then. I was now a strong independent person who didn't need anyone to depend on.

I admired everything I had been given, but before I could turn to thank him, he had gone. My eyes felt very tired and without knowing it I fell to the ground in a deep sleep.