The Great Lion Father

Aloe's POV

I woke up to a banging pain in my head. I looked around to see that I was in a red and gold tent. It was very spacious and had a very humble interior. Was this it? Was this Aslan's camp? I couldn't remember how I got here. Maybe someone found me and brought me here.

I sat up in the hammock I was resting in. I saw that I was in a new dress and had my cape draped over me as a blanket. I was wearing a cream dress with a golden fabric sown like a breastplate. The rest of the dress was silk and came down to the top of my knee with little frills at the end. My hair was done up in a bun with a few strands pulled out on the sides, and I was wearing some gold flats.

Suddenly, a glorious lion, who I instantly recognised was Aslan, walked in through the entrance of the tent.

"Ah, child, I see you have been dressed and have awoken from your deep slumber," He said as he sat quietly in front of the hammock.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked swinging my legs of the edge of the hammock.

"Two days, but it was necessary. You hadn't eaten in a few days, I believe," He started, "However, before you eat, I must tell you something important."

I nodded as he took a deep sigh. I knew it was worrying him so I bet it would be hard for him to tell me.

"Your parents, Queen Melissa and King Ryan-Patrick, couldn't have a child after their first one hadn't made the journey to life. I know you don't know about that, but since your sibling had supposedly died, their prescene isn't known in Narnia," He started.

Wait. I had another sibling? My mother always told me about her imaginary son she wished to have one day, but I didn't know she was actually being serious.

"Anyways, since they couldn't have children they asked for my help. I, having great power, helped your parents create you from the petals of fallen flowers. Now, you're probably thinking why you look so much like your parents. I took a hair from both of your parents which gave you your looks. However, if I were to create a child it would have been a lion like me, unless I transfer some of my personal traits into the child. And that was what I did to you. I gave you some of my personal powers that made you human but also half lion. Considering I gave you some of my traits, it makes me your biological father meaning that-,"

"I am your daughter," I replied quite breathlessly. It was a lot to take in, but I understood every word of it. Once in a while, my parents used to leave me with Aslan, or now my father, to spend time with him for a day. I remember him calling me his 'little cub' when I would pretend to crawl around like him.

A silence came between us. It was a comfortable silence. I didn't know what to say. I looked down at my feet before tearing up. After all of these years, I've been thinking that I was so different to my parents, when really my true father was, Aslan. I ran up to him and hugged him, sobbing into his mane. It all made sense now.

My parents would always tell me stories of Narnia, because they knew that I belonged here. They would always read me stories about a lion and would tell me I had the heart of a Lion. I missed my father. Even though I didn't know he was my dad back then, I still missed our monthly day outs.

"I've missed you too my little cub," He whispered, "Now, I believe a feast is to be held for the return of my daughter."

***

It was a few mornings after the feast. I had a blast that night. We had prepared all of my favourite foods and gathered all of the soldiers and men to celebrate. We set up a bonfire and the centaurs sang traditional Narnian songs, including the lullaby, which I sadly fell asleep to.