Study night

5th Period, great. No actually this is my chance to start being cool. I walk into Mrs York's class, yep Geography. The class that Justin and I are doing a project together in. I walk in and see Justin sitting at his usual seat on the back row with Vanessa all over him as usual.  He looks at me and I smile at him but he just looks away like I'm not even there. I sigh and sit in my usual seat, why should I try if I'm only gonna be acknowledged behind closed doors. Plus he told me I can't be seen with him in school.
Justin notices i'm sitting in my usual place and rolls his eyes.

Mrs York: Okay everybody, in your pairs
I get up, of course Justin wouldn't come to me. So I go over to Justin and sit down in Vanessa's seat since she's moved to her partner.

Justin: What are you doing?
I put my folder on the desk and open it
Me: Um getting in our pairs like we're supposed to.
Justin: You know that's not what I meant
Me: Well where am I supposed to sit? You've told me I can't be around you in school. And I'm not gonna sit next to your pet dog Vanessa.
Justin: Aye..

I look at him and look away and then back at him.

Justin: I can't help you if you don't try
Me: Well I'm not gonna stand to be treated like a doormat
Justin: I've told you why we can't be seen together in school
Me: Yeah because it will dent your precious ego and reputation
Justin: Well...yeah..
Me: Yknow what, just forget it. I'll get you the grade and then you can go back to pretending I don't exist.
Justin: Don't be like that
Me: Forget it Justin
Justin: Adriana
Me: Ariana.
Justin: Sorry, Ariana. Look come over tonight and I'll make it up to you yeah?

I shrug

Me: I'll think about it.

Justin smirks

Justin: Oh and we're going shopping this weekend
Me: I'd love to but I don't have any money
Justin: I'm paying
Me: Oh, um thanks
Justin: It's okay, remember though other than this class we can't be seen around each other in school.
Me: Don't worry I know I don't exist to you outside this classroom
Justin: Hm..

The bell rings

Mrs York: Class dismissed

I pack my stuff away and get up.

Justin: My place tonight, 8 o'clock?

I look at him and walk out.

7pm.

Im at home getting ready to go to Justin's, I still haven't told him whether or not I'm coming over. I put on some blue skinny jeans and look through my closet at my clothes. Damn Justin was right I do need to go shopping, I put on my least nerdy top that says 'I ❤️ π'
['I love Pi' - the math kind]. Put my hair in pig tail braids, fix my glasses and grab what I need to study at Justin's house. It's 8:15.

Me: Mom I'm going to Justin's to study
Mom: I'll drop you off
Me: Okay

I get in my moms car and she drives me to Justin's house. I thank her, kiss her cheek and get out. I walk to the front door but Justin opens it before I could knock.

Justin: You're late

I turn around and wave at my mom, she waves back and drives away and I go inside.

Me: How did you know I was gonna come?
Justin: Because girls always come when I tell them

I roll my eyes at his arrogance. He looks at my top.

Justin: Seriously?
Me: What?
Justin: Your shirt
Me: What about it?
Justin: 'I ❤️ π' what does that even mean?
Me: Pi, it's  the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, commonly approximated as 3.14159. It has been represented by the Greek letter "π" since the mid-18th cent-
Justin: Stop, just stop now.
Me: But-
Justin: No, I can't help you when you start reciting Frankensteins dictionary.

I snigger

Me: Frankenstein? You mean Einstein right?
Justin: Whatever, look okay this is why I need you to help me with this grade and the rest of them for that matter. And like I said you help me and I help you okay, but I can't if you make it impossible for me to even wanna talk to you. I'll go get you one of my t-shirts to put on because you're not wearing that in here.
Me: Ugh fine.

Justin goes upstairs, I sit at his dining table and put my books and folders on the table. He comes down a few minutes later holding a black t-shirt that has a picture of 2 Pac on. I look at it.

Justin: It was the first one I could find

He throws it next to me

Justin: Put that on, I'mma get us some drinks
Me: Okay..

Justin goes in the kitchen and I take my top off, he sees me from the kitchen and looks at my body and smiles.
He gets us 2 glasses of vodka and coke and comes back in. He puts them down on the table.

Me: Thanks

I take a sip and then spray it all over the table

Justin: What the f**k?!
Me: What is this?
Justin: Coke?
Me: What's in it?
Justin: Vodka obviously
Me: Justin we're studying, not drinking.
Justin: Oh relax, plus you didn't have any problem with it the other night at the party.
Me: Oh yeah the party where you and Ryan were jerks to me?
Justin: The party where I came after you when Ryan was a jerk and we had that amazing night.
Me: You thought we were amazing?

Justin looks at my books and folders

Justin:...So um what are we doing our project on?
Me: Well..it's any geographical subject so it can be like Deforestation in the Rainforests or it could be on Volcanoes or Earthquakes. It's up to you.
Justin: Well what to do you know more about?
Me: Well all of them but I prefer deforestation because it involves animals.
Justin: Okay we'll do that then, what do we have to do for the project exactly?
Me: Do you listen at all in class?
Justin: She's lucky I even turn up never mind listen

I roll my eyes at him again

Me: We have to make a scrapbook
Justin: Fun
Me: Drop the sarcasm.

Justin: I'm bored
Me: We haven't even started yet
Justin: Ik but there's so many other things I'd rather do
Me: Like..?

Justin looks at me and smirks

Justin:...Nothing

I smirk

Me: Well, we're doing this okay
Justin: Whatever

Justin goes on his phone, I sigh and start looking through the text book. A few minutes later he starts laughing at his phone

Justin: Haha..look at this! Look..look

I ignore him and carry on writing notes down. He repeatedly taps my arm.

Justin: Looook

I carry on writing

Me: I'm not interested Justin
Justin: Fine! Leave then
Me: Excuse me?

Justin's still smiling at his phone

Me: Are you even interested in any of this?
Justin: No

I shake my head, close my books and folders and get up, I pick up my top and walk to the front door.
Justin puts his phone down and his smile fades, he comes after me and gently grabs my arm.

Justin: Wow, where are you going?
Me: I'm leaving like you told me to
Justin: Yeah I gathered that that's why I asked where you're going. Don't go I didn't mean to actually leave.
Me: Why do you care?
Justin: Because I-
Me: You don't care about your grades, you don't care about the project and you don't care about me and what I do.
Justin: Yes I do
Me: Don't lie to me.

I pull my arm out of his gentle grip

Me: I'll see you tomorrow
Justin: Wait..

He pulls me close to him by the shirt I'm wearing and kisses me softly. I kiss back and then pull away.

Me: I-I'll see you tomorrow...

I open the front door and leave

Justin: Stay, please..
Me: Bye Justin..

I get my flip phone out and call my mom to come and pick me up. 10 minutes later, she pulls up and takes me home.

..I can't work this guy out, is he playing a game?..