You And Me: Make You Or Break You.

edited october 19th 2016

Rick, Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn, Maggie and my daddy geared up to check out the rest of the prison. Carl had loaded his pistol and slid it into his holster. I didn't want him to go because it was dangerous, I didn't even want the others to go either. 

"I need you to stay here." Rick told Carl and Carl was not about that plan.

"No, why? " Carl asked, feeling belittled once again. "If something goes wrong down there, you could be the last one. Besides, I need you here to make sure things go ok." Rick gave Carl the important task, and handed him the keys.

The 6 of them were off into the prison of tombs. I don't think it's safe like I said, but I have no say in any thing. It was no longer a democracy anymore, so that meant no say. It was a dictatorship, led by Rick Grimes.

Carl liked the fact he had to stay behind to protect Carol, Lori and I. We hadn't talked since a couple of hours ago when we nearly did something beyond us. I was so confused on our status right now. Were we back together or did that kiss only happen because it was the heat of the moment?

I walked down the stairs and sat next to Carl who was sitting at the bottom. He looked up and smiled at me and it was a tad bit awkward since what had happened. I thought to say something, but didn't have the correct words I thought.

"So" Carl and I said in unison. That brought out laughs from us both. Lori walked by us and smiled. She already knew we couldn't resist each other. even if it did take almost a year for us to actually sit down and talk.

"You guys doing ok?" Lori asked us wanting to know. "My head hurts a little, but I am fine." I replied andI knew she was implying our relationship.

Lori doesn't know about mine and Carl's little moment awhile ago and I want to keep it that way.

Carl smiled at his mom and she then walked off with Carol into the cell block.

"Well about awhile ago-

"It was pretty intense." Carl interrupted me and those were the words I was looking for. 

Soon after the other returned back in an abrupt frenzy. Glenn and my sister were holding my dad up on their shoulders, while he was completely unconscious. I then realized that my daddy know longer had his left calf and down. My expression completely changed and I ran over to them.

"What happened, Maggie?!" I screamed wanting to know why his left leg was nearly gone, and I'm sure that I had an idea as to where the rest of his leg went and why.

"Ella, he was bit and that was the only way we could save him." Maggie choked out with tears running down her face. "Maggie, he won't survive that way. Maggie, no! Please tell me this is a dream!" I so badly wanted this horrific scene to be just a dream and not actually real.

"Carl, pull Ella back!" Glenn ordered and Carl gently dragged me away from them. They had to lay my dad down to continue to work on him in order for him to continue life.

I watched behind with Carl holding on to me. I was in shock to say the least, at the moment. My dad looked so helpless and like the world was really take a toll on him. The thoughts of him actually not surviving ran through my head at a fast pace. I got up and ran back up to my cell and cried more into my bed. I sat on the ledge and gathered myself together. 

I realized that in that moment the world was going to either make you or break you.

It was up to us whether we wanted to let the world take advantage of us like it did to all of these walkers. I cared about Carl, Maggie, and everybody in my group and I wanted to live for them. I couldn't let the world break me, I just could not do that.

I turned to the figure that stood in the doorway. It was Carl who had come up here to check on me. I got up from my bed and went over to fall into his arms. I needed to be with him right now in this moment. "I am so sorry about your dad, Ella." He moved his hand up and down my back to comfort me. It was helping and I liked it a lot. "Me too." I replied still holding on to Carl.

"Carol and my mom are working on him right now. He can push through this, I know he can." Carl reassured me and knowing he had an optimistic outlook on this situation really made me feel better about the entire thing.

"We have to beat this world, Carl." I said and he pulled back and looked at me.

"We're going to."