Chapter three

I ran down the streets as fast as I could. I can see my house a few feet away. People were still running around the streets yelling and stealing from stores. I heard people scream help me's. I would help them, but I need to be with my parents.

I finally reached the front door and opened it. it was unlocked. I closed the door and locked it once I was inside

"Mom? Dad?" my voice echoed through the house.

Are they not home?

I heard faint talking coming from up stairs.

I quickly ran upstairs. It was coming from my parents bedroom. I swung open the door. They weren't there.

"Mom? Dad?" I went to their bathroom to find they weren't there either.

I walked out the bathroom to see their t.v was on. They watched it all on the news. They new what was happening and they left me here by myself? I'm a seventeen year old girl who is alone in the madness that just broke out.

I ran my hand through my hair and paced back and forth. Where could they have gone?

'Where could they have gone?' I thought to myself.

Maybe they left me a note or something in the kitchen explaining where they went. They always leave me little notes. I ran down the stairs into the kitchen. To my surprise, there was a tape recorder on the counter.

I grabbed it and played it.

'Stella its your father. Listen to me very closely. A Zombie apocalypse has broken out all over Washington and some other states. If your listening to this, I need you to listen to me very carefully. Go up stairs and go to my closet..."

I paused the tape recorder and went to my parents room and went to my dads closet like he told me to do. I walked inside and pressed play.

" Behind my collared shirts, there is a key pad. Punch in the number 5388.."

I paused it again, and went to where his collared shirts were. I took all his shirts and threw them on the ground. luckily, I found the key pad and an outlining of what seems to be a small door. I punched in the number and the small door opened up.

I resumed the tape recorder and listened to it.

"In the boxes are everything I told you there was last night. Make sure you put on the suit and grab the bow and arrow, back pack, shoes, guns and anything else you can find in there. Don't forget to pack food, water and paper towel. Behind the silver box is a tiny blue box. It's very important that you take that with you. Me and your mother had to leave quickly to be at a safe camp and be with the president. I know you can survive this. You've been practicing on your archery and on black ops. I located the address to where the safe camp is in a silver watch. Make sure you wear it. It's going to be a hell of a trip, but I know you can do it. Me and your mother believe in you Stella. Please don't trust anyone right now. Be careful, stay safe and take care. I'll see you when you get to the safe camp. We love you."

I threw the tape recorder on the ground and cried. I'm going through this alone, no one to help me, but myself. I know they had to be with the president, but why couldn't they take me with them? I didn't have time to waste. I did what my dad told me to do.

I stripped off my clothes and put on the suite. I felt like I was a spy. the suite felt tight but fitted perfectly. Next, I put on the shoes. I grabbed them and looked at them. There was a sticker that said ' No Noise shoes'. I peeled off the sticker and out the shoes on. These shoes were designed to walk around with out making any noise. You can jump up and down, stomp your foot, glide you foot, and it wouldn't make any noise. I rummaged through the box and found the watch my dad was talking about. it was already set, so I just clipped it on my wrist. I saw the bow and arrow and put the bow on the floor. I saw the arrows and there was only 15 arrows. I knew there wasn't going to be a lot of arrows since you can reuse them over and over again. I grabbed the belt and put it around my waist. This is the thing that had the little box on the side that cleans the arrows.

"Glove. Glove." I skimmed my eyes up and down, to try to find the glove that goes with the bow and arrow.

After searching for 5 minutes, I found it. I put it on and felt a magnet inside of it. So this is the thing that can get the arrows back to you once they've already been shot.

I grabbed the back pack and looked inside of it. It was huge inside, but on the outside it was small. It was like the purse Hermione used in Harry Potter where it looked small, but it was huge inside. In this case, it was a back pack.

I put 17 guns in the bag, 8 grenades, 4 knives, flash light, lighter, 6 water bottles, a first-aid kit, 4 boxes of granola bars, a map, a roll of paper towel, and the blue box my dad told me to bring. I also put in some extra bullet cartages.

I rummaged around the boxes to see if I need to bring anything else with me.

As I was rummaging the boxes, I found a can.

'Zombie Smell Alike.'

What the hell is this?

I looked at the back of the can to read what it was.

".. Spray this on you to smell like a zombie so they wont attack you and notice you.." I read.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea, I threw it in my bag and looked around for anything else I might need.

I took the walkie talkies, and I saw a cube that had a sticker on it that said 'portable tent.' I took them from the box and put it in my bag, I saw a gas mask too and didn't hesitate to put it in there.

I didn't need anything else and picked up the tape recorder and left his closet.

I closed his closet door and walked out my parents room to go down stairs. I went to the living room and grabbed my phone from my purse and put it in my pocket. I'm glad the suit I was wearing had pockets. I walked up to the pictures sitting on the coffee table and looked at the picture of me, my mom, and my dad. I took the photo out the frame, folded it up and put it in my bag. I took one final look around the house to make sure I didn't forget anything. I put the arrow satchel around my body and then put my back pack on. I grabbed my bow and an arrow to be prepared.

I opened the door silently to find the yelling has disappeared and the streets empty.