Chapter 26

Who would have known libraries have balcony's. The night is coming to an end, and after all that's happened today, I can't wait to rest and start a new day. The cold breeze feels refreshing after what we all just went through. Almost losing Niall put a pain in my chest. I don't think I want to experience something like that every again.

You can hear them. They're grunting and walking around, limping and in weird directions. It's weird how this virus can turn you into something like that. I wonder how my parent are. I hope they are still alive and doing well. I look up into the sky, full moon. Shocker. All weird things happen on full moons.

"Stella?" The soft voice rang.

"Hey," I give Niall a warm side smile.

"We can talk eh?" He suggested and I nodded. He sat next to me on the other chair looking out into the distance.

"Wow, I still can't believe zombies are a thing." He huffed and I lightly laughed.

"I know it's crazy how you could have become one." I reminded him and he shuddered.

"About that Stella, I just wanted to say thank you for saving my life." He but his hand on mine and if I had to do it over a million times for him, I would.

"No problem. I'm glad you're okay." I squeezed his hand and he gave me a smile. Ugh that smile of his. Always a treat to see him smile.

"You're so smart and always know what you're doing. I'm glad I have you to go through this with me. With us." Yea, can't forget about the guys Niall.

"Yea I'm glad I found you guys along the way." I honestly am glad I am not going through this alone. Don't think I would have survived if it wasn't for them.

We didn't talk much after that and decided to star gaze. Trying to pretend everything was normal and there was no zombie apocalypse. It's hard, it's so hard doing this and trying to get to my parents.

"Guys, you're gonna wanna come look at this." Zayn huffed out and we followed him down stairs to see what was going on.

"What's up?" I said worryingly.

"We found something." Louis said while nodding his hand.

"What?" I asked.

"A hidden room. See I've always wanted to know if libraries had secret hiding rooms so I started pulling every book from the shelf and what do you know. A secret room!" He gestured to the door and I'm very surprised. I though that stuff was only in movies .

"Wow Louis, great job. Might just have to call you detective now." I winked and walked into the room. It was very spacious but I didn't lead to anywhere, not that I don't think.

"Stella I'm sorry" Harry blurted out.

I simply nodded and kept looking around the library. I didn't know what to say to Harry. If I would have known what was in that box, I would have used it sooner. It hurts that he thinks I would hide something from them when it comes to saving a life.

"Please?" He held out his arms and gave me that puppy dog face. Ugh those puppy dog eyes and quivering lip. I couldn't resist. He's too cute.

"I really am sorry." We embraced each other in a hug and I told him I accepted his apology.

"Guys, I know this is hard for all of us but we can't turn on each other and start fighting." I frowned, knowing that if we kept fighting or yelling, we would go separate ways.

"Agree, we are all we have right now." Liam stayed and I nodded, agreeing with him.

An hour or two went by and the boys and I just lounged around the main floor and talked and read books, we ate canned food and played a couple of games. I taught Harry how to shoot my bow and arrow since he's been asking to shoot it. He too a couple hits at the wall, and I was very impressed.

"Nice aim." I said shockingly.

"You say that like your shocked." He huffed and winked. "I know what I'm doing baby cakes."

Niall.. Niall you need to come save me right now.

I ignored what he said and took back my bow, leaving the arrow in the wall. I would let Harry use this if he needed to. He didn't use my glove to retrieve it back to him since I had it in my bag.

"Did you hear that?" Liam whispered and we all stopped, listening to what he was listening to.

"What?" Niall asked

"The rattling. Someone's trying to come in. It's the zombies. We must have been to loud. We need to leave now!" By the time he said that we can hear the foot steps getting closer  and closer.

Fuck! I don't know where to go or what to even do.

"Quick grab everything. EVERYTHING." I whisper shouted and grabbed my bag and belongings.

"Where to?" Zayn nervously asked.

"Hidden room! Go!" I said and they started making their way to the room.

My arrow. I can't leave my arrow in the wall. I need it. I barley have any left and I can't lose more.

I threw my stuff in the hidden room and ran to the wall.

"Stella are you crazy?!" Louis shouted and I couldn't agree more.

I jumped out and grabbed my arrow, removing it from the wall. I ran back in to the room with the boys and kept the door a little open to see who it was.

"It's great to be back." The voice sounded familiar.

"I know, I don't think I wanna be back out there for a while. It's creepy." The other voice said and it to sounded familiar. There's no way. It's not zombies. They don't talk.

"Stop, it looks like someone has been here, quick look around the area and see if they're still here." Fuck, what if they know about this room and check here?

There were a lot of people from what I could make out through the little crevice of the door. They had their fund aimed, looking around the room.

"Who is it?" Zayn asked. I ignored him, trying to see who it is. More like who they are.

They made their way in to light and I can see who it was. You have got to be fucking kidding me.