Chapter 22

Stella-

Banging.

That's what I woke up to. Was the sound of something banging. Or should I say someone banging. (Not in that way guys haha)

Those damn zombies. I checked my watch and the time read 5:51. To my surprise, none of the guys woke up.

Damn me for being such a light sleeper.

I forgot that I was sleeping on Niall. I looked up, and he was still asleep. The way he slept looked so peaceful. You can literally stare at him and it would make you smile.

I gently took his arm off me, and slid out of the booth. I went next to the door to see outside of it. But of course, there's a damn table in the way. Since the boys are sleeping, this gives me time to locate where we should go next on our map. I know my watch already tells me where to go, but I like to visually see it.

I grabbed my bag and took out the map. I stood unfolded it on the diner counter and grabbed a blue pen that was in a red plastic cup next to the cash register. I found the diner on the map and circled it.

"Where to next.." I asked myself. We need to get the move on. About three and a half miles down, there was a pharmacy located on the map. It was in the direction we were going. We could stop and rest there, if needed.

A sharp pain ran through my leg and I groaned. I can't stand. I have to sit down. The sun was slowly coming up and it peaked through the blinds. The chair twisted so I could see the window. Maybe I'll wake up the boys in twenty minutes so we can get going. I saw a highlighter and highlighted the path we would take.

I folded the map and put in my bag. I know what I'm about to do next is a bit risky, but I just have to see if it'll work.

I went to the back, where the freezer was, and took out my phone from my pocket. I almost forgot I had it in here. I put on the keypad and hesitated to dial the number.

My dad's number.

I just have to see if this will work. I just want them to know I'm okay and to see if they're okay. I dialed my dad's number an held the device to my ear.

It smells like someone die in here. The meat is rotting and I can see maggots on the floor, going towards the freezer. The phone rings once and I start to panic. It rings again and I feel as if I should hang up. Why am I so nervous?

It rings a third time but is cut off by a women's voice.

'I'm sorry, the number you are trying to reach is not available.'

No. This can't be happening.

"Fuck." I curse to myself. "Fuck, fuck , fuck." I repeat.

Just think positive Stella. They're okay and are safe. Nothing happened to them. Maybe they have no service.

"Everything's going to be okay." I closed my eyes and whispered to myself.

"Everything okay?" Zayn's voice rang and my eyes shot open. What the hell is he doing here? I thought he was sleeping. He can not see me with my phone and see who I was staying to call.

I pretend I wrap my hands around my stomach and slide my phone in my pocket.

"Stella? Are you okay?" His voice was getting closer.

I slowly turn around and face him. "Uh yea. Just talking to myself cos my stomach hurts." I flash a smile and he smiles back.

"What are you doing back here? It smells like complete death." He whispers. Are the others still sleeping?