Chapter 27

There's no way. It can't be her. It just can't. The last time I saw her was when it all went down at the school. She was right there. It was Melina.

I couldn't decide wether to open up the door or not so I can see her, but I had to do it. She's my best friend.

"I know her." I whispered.

I reached to push the door open, but Niall stopped me, putting his hand on my arm and pulling me back gently.

"Stella.. no." He looked worried but I know Melina wouldn't hurt me or us.

"I have to." I mouthed and he nodded. Niall knee I wouldn't put them into harms way.

I gently pushed the door open to walk out. She wasn't alone. Not even close, she had what looked like 8 people. I can't make out who anyone else is.

"Melina." I said gently walking into the light. She had her gun drawn on my along with everyone else who was around her. The red lasers pointing all over my body. Now I'm scared.

"Who are you?" One voice asked

"An intruder!" One yelled and clocked their gun.

"Lower your weapons." The girl shouted.

"Holy shit, Stella!" I saw Melina and she walked up to me. "Look at you." She laughed and embraced me into a hug.

"You're alive. How? I thought something would have happened to you." I told her the truth cause in actuality, I thought she wasn't going to make it.

"My boyfriend, I went home and didn't see my parents after you and I parted ways. I took what you said very heavily. I knew I needed to protect myself." She said and I'm happy that she's alive and surviving.

"Kalo." She said, looking for him amongst her crowd.

"Yes?" He came and stood right beside her.

"This is Stella. My best friend from school."

"Hi Stella, I'm Kalo. Wicked suit." He eyed my suit up and down and I smiled.

"Thanks. Wicked guns and shit." I nervously laughed.

"Boys, you can come out." I said and they each came out one by one.

I introduced them to Melina and Kalo.

"So who's in your group?" I asked, waiting for her to introduce me to the people.

"It's me, Kalo, Isren, Aven, Zico, Marcy, Joannis and Varcia." She said their name and we all introduced our self. She had a very solid group. I didn't know who any of those people were, but I'm glad she had a group.

"I didn't think there would be others out there in this madness." I said and they all agreed. There was a fire place in the library and Aven lit it up. We all sat in front of it in a half circle talking.

"Can we trust her and the group." Harry whispered to me and for a second I thought to myself,  could we? Survival mode makes people go crazy.

I nodded my head but didn't answer.

"So Stella, where are you guys headed?" Zico spoke up and I didn't know if I should tell them. I can't travel in a larger group due to it being to complicated.

"Uhh." I hesitated. "I.."

"We're just moving along the way until we come to a safe camp or something like that." Liam spoke up and I'm glad he did. He caught on to what I was going to say. I didn't want to lie to Melina, but I had no choice. This is supposed to be top secret.

"Do you know where one is?" Joannis asked and shook my head

"Not yet." I muttered out. I looked at Zayn and he was talking to Varcia. She looks like his type.

"How did you find each other?" I asked Melina and her group.

"At first it was Kalo and I." She started, putting her hand on Kalo's knee. "Then we came along Isren and Zico and Marcy."

"I know Marcy." Kalo butted in to say.

"After that we ran into Joannis and Varcia. Then later we met Aven." The fire was trickling and it felt pretty nice.

"There's people out there Stella . People like us who are in survival mode." Her eyes shut and she took a deep breath. "I just want to live." She murmured.

"I know." I whispered . I want to take them all with me but it's to risky. It's already risky with the boys.

"Is that them?" Louis asked looking back.

"Yea don't worry, they can't get in . We have this place secured and enough ammo." Kalo reassured us and for the second time I felt safe. I think we can finally get a good nights sleep.

"Bathroom. Where is the bathroom?" I asked, hoping someone heard me.

"There's one upstairs to your right." Marcy stayed. I'm glad she heard me

I went to the bathroom and after I was done, I just looked in the mirror. Wow I look horrible. I would like tot ale another shower again and wash my hair. My face looks so dirty and oily. Why didn't the boys tell me i look like this ? I washed my hands and turned to wipe them until I felt someone push me up against the wall.

"What the hell." I said and the person put their hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face them, pressing them up against the wall.

"Can I help you?" I tried moving my shoulders but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm on to you." Aven said, looking at me in disgust.

"I don't know what your talking about." I really didn't know what he was talking about. I don't even know him.

"What's a girl like you doing with a suit like that? Looks very expensive along with the bow and arrow you have. I'm pretty sure that's yours. Fits with your outfit." He let go of my left shoulder and let his hand run down the outside of my thigh.

I gasped in an uncomfortable manner. What is he doing? What does he want?

"I found it along the way." I lied, hoping he would go away.

"I don't believe you. I've seen this suit before and that arrow. I've seen it before I just don't remember where." His hand found its way to my hip and I tried to push him.

"HEL-" I tried to shout but he covered my mouth with his hand. I couldn't try to fight him. He was way to strong.

"I'm onto you, stells." He let go and gave me a push into the wall.

"And don't let anyone know about this, if so, it won't be so pretty." He said and left the bathroom.

Who the fuck is that psychopath? I waited till he was gone to exit the bathroom and make my way back to everyone else.

Everyone was still by the fire talking and what seemed like eating. The boys were talking amongst themselves and Melina and her group were talking to themselves.  I traveled down the stairs and sat next to to Liam. They were all eating corn beans and rice. Looks like Marcy and Zico were the ones preparing the meals.

"Would you like some? We made it last night and warmed it up by putting it over the fire place." Zico offered and I nodded yes.

They gave me a plate but I don't know if I can really eat. Forget about feeling safe, I feel scared now. I can't tell anyone. I had the plate in my lap, just staring at it.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked.

"Nothing. Why?" I looked over at him, giving him a side smile.

"You're not eating?" He looked at me and then my plate of food.

"Oh.. yea was just thinking." I took in a deep breath. "Thanks for stepping in when I was talking." I whispered. He winked and smiled and continued eating his meal. I took a bite of my meal and it was very good. I love a hot meal. It's not much but it will get us through the night. Need to be thankful that we have something to eat. I looked around the room, finding Avens eyes on me. The uncomfortableness hit me and I didn't wanna be in range of him. Why is he staring at me so much?

What does he want from me?