chapter six

Stella's pov

I went deep in the woods to find a sleeping place. I know that you're thinking. ' Are you stupid? who sleeps in the woods when theres a zombie apocalypse?' . Well, I do. I know it's not safe, but being in the woods at a time like this is much more safer then being on the streets.

I hiked farther and farther into the woods until I knew it was safe enough.

I took of my quiver and my bag and put them on the ground next to my bow. I dug deep in my bag and found my portable tent.

I placed the little cube on the ground and pulled a string that was coming out of it.

The tent rose up and it was medium sized. It was a perfect size for me.

I put my stuff inside and went to look for wood. I really don't know how to make a fire, but I've seen people in TV do it numerous amount of times.

I saw some wood a few feet away from my tent. I grabbed them and put it close to my tent, but not super close to where it can catch on fire. I rubbed the 2 sticks together and I saw smoke, but no flame yet.

I tried again but there was still no flame. The sun was going down by the minute. If it goes completely down, I won't be able to see.

I rubbed the two sticks against each other again, harder this time and there was still no flame.

"Damn it!" I threw the stick far away from me and ran my fingers through my hair.

I thought making a fire was supposed to be easy. You can be wrong.

"Why am I going to do! I need a fire!" I paced back and forward, thinking.

You need two stick to make a fire. Unless you have a light- MY LIGHTER! Holy crap! I have a lighter in my bag.

I got inside the tent and went into my bag. Sure enough, the lighter was in there.

I took a couple of leaves and thin pieces of twigs. I flicked the lighter and the flame shot up. The flame made contact with the leaves and twigs and a a flame was brought up.

I threw my hands up in victory and cheered. Now I have a fire to keep me warm.

I went back in the tent and grabbed a water bottle and a granola bar. Looks like it's my dinner for tonight.

I didn't notice it before, but the tent comes with a pillow and a blanket, a very thin one too. Look like it will have to do. i sat bye the fire place and ate my granola bar and drank my water. The night was calm. All I heard was owls hooing and wolves howling.