Chapter 21

Stella-

After dinner, Louis was kind to change my bandages. It hurt cause the gauge was sticking to my skin, but it had to be replaced. I'm thankful that someone like Louis is here with us and knows what he's doing.

I limped over to a booth, on the other side of the diner , next to the window. The coolness that radiates off the window makes me sleep better. I lay my bag behind my booth and cover myself with a spare towel that was in my bag. It wasn't quite enough to cover me, but I guess it will have to do.

I tried covering my eyes and dreaming of a wonderland where everything was bright, and colorful and people were laughing and talking, but now, all I hear outside is groaning and them walking outside.

I sighed and covered my ears with my hands. Can all this just go away?

"Oh my god," I whispered and changed my position, to my back. I wanna lay on my right side but I can't cause of this stupid cut.

"Ugh," I groaned. I wanna sleep but I fucking can't.

No matter how much I huff and puff, I still can't get comfortable and can't sleep.

[Niall-]

I was sleeping in a booth with Louis, except he was on the other side. Although these booths are very spacious and can fit two people. We took the table and moved it to the front, to block the door.

I wonder why Stella didn't stay on this side of the diner?

I could here her faint groans and huffs that she's making. Is she mad about something?

"Oh my god," I heard her whispered and smiled to myself. She's so cute. I quietly got up from my booth, & took the towel with me, that covers my body.

"Stella," I whispered and she looked at me.

"Hi," she smiled. She got up an her back was now on the wall. I sat next to her feet.

"You alright?" I looked at her leg but couldn't tell if the bandage needs to be cleaned or not.

"Yea, I just can't sleep," she gave me a half smile and pulled the blind open a little to see outside.

"Me either," I shook my head and tried looking out the little crack she was seeing out of. I can see a couple zombies , but not to many.

"You can sit, if you'd like,"  her back was against the wall again and she crossed her legs so I can sit.

"Thanks," I looked at her and sat on the cold, red leather seat.

"So," I looked around. What do I say? Why did I even come over here? Ugh I'm so stupid. Stupid, stupid Niall. I mentally cursed to myself.

"So," she repeated and I laughed a little. Can this not be awkward?

"How's your leg?"

"Fine," she smiled. " just gotta clean it up in the morning." She patted gently on her leg.

"So what would you like to do tomorrow?" My elbow rested on top of where the booth met the next one.

"I would love to get a move going on," she nodded and so did I. Even though this is a great place to be, it's all not that good. This place gives me the jitters.

"We can do that." I assured her.

The moon like was shining through the blinds and hit her face. I can see the streaks of light radiating off her.

"Who would have ever thought I would be stuck with five guys, let alone a famous boy band?" She laughed loudly and I scooted close to her. I put my hand to her mouth to cover it for her. She kept laughing and so did I.

"Shh," I held my finger to her lip but kept laughing silently. After a few seconds, she stopped and starred at me. I starred back at her. The way the moon light  made her eye twinkle, which captured me.

She's beautiful.

"Niall," her voice was muffled and I quickly took my hand away. "Sorry," I quickly apologized .

"It's fine," she smiled and played with my hair. I know this sounds weird, but I like when people play with my hair. It makes want to fall asleep.

Her fingers were gently running through my hair and I closed my eye lids. This feels amazing.

"Hmm," she hummed and I opened my eyes and looked at her. I should probably back up and sit where I was sitting before, which is a couple inches back, but I'm still so close to her. And I like that feeling.

"Sleepy?" She whispered and I nodded. Her hand dropped from my hair and I have her a weak smile.

I grabbed the towel that I brought with me and got up from the booth. I started walking until she called for me.

"Niall," she whispered and I stopped and turned.

"Yes?"

"Stay?" She asked and she pulled her towel closer to her. "Please."

"Sure," I walked over and sat in the same booth as her, but the opposite side.

"No," I looked over at her and saw her shake her head.

"I meant over here, with me." She was now laying down with her back to back seat of the booth.  She patted the  empty space next her her. She wants me to sleep with her? Not have sex, but cuddle with her.

I slowly got into the seat and laid down next her, I folded the towel and placed it behind my head. She hand a bigger towel than me, and she covered up both of us.

"Do you mind?" She showed me her arm to place over my stomach. 

"No," I whispered and moved my arms so she can wrap her one arm around my torso.

"Do you mind?" I re asked the question she had just asked. She shook her head and I put my arm over her shoulder and on her hip. She followed her instinct and put her head on my chest. I was a little tense but calmed down after  a couple seconds. My left arm went behind, and lied under my head. I could hear Stella's gentle snores and I knew she was already asleep.

"Good night Stella," I said,even though she couldn't hear me.

She tugged me closer to her, and I smiled. 

Could I possibly be feeling something for this girl, lying beneath my arm?

Authors note!

Okay , I am SO sorry that it's been a while. I kinda didn't know where to take This story but I got it under control people! 🚨🚨

& sorry if it's short! I will try to upload again before I get my surgery.

& yes I am getting surgery on my hand, which means I won't be able to write for a moth, give or take.

But a lot of you have wanted Niall and Stella to start talking. But who knows? Maybe they'll get together (;

Or nawwwwwww