Part sixty one

I went upstairs to get my laptop, I made sure to be quiet so I didn't wake Kailey up. I snuck in and went down to the basement. I sat up the computer and took a deep breath, I admit that I was kinda scared telling my parents that I was going to be a parent. I logged on to Skype and clicked the video call button and lucky enough for me they were home.

"Hey mom and dad."

"Hello Paul, haven't talked to you in a while."

"Yeah I know, sorry about that. But I have news for you both."

"Tell us.

"Well remember my girlfriend?"

"Yes I remember her." my dad said

"Well she's not my girlfriend anymore. "

"Oh no Paul, she was such a sweet girl and was so good to you. Why would you break up with her?"

"Haha I didn't break up with her, I proposed to her and we're getting married."

"Good job son, I'm proud of you. She'll make an amazing wife."

"Thanks, I'm glad you approve of my marriage. I also have another thing to tell you." I told them as I took a deep breath

"What is it? " they said seeming slightly concerned

"One sec." I said and got up and grabbed the ultrasound picture.

"Here look at this." I said as I showed them. "Mom. Dad. This is my baby."

"Oh my goodness, Paul you're 20. When did this happen?"

"About three months ago some time around her 19th birthday."

"Paul, are you sure that you are ready for this?"

"Yes mom I am. I love both her and our baby and I'm going to be the best father that I can be. Giving this baby up is not an option. I know this is early and we made a mistake by not being responsible,but there's nothing I can do about it now."

"It's okay Paul, you're mature enough to handle parenthood and you and Kailey are going to be wonderful parents. I just want you to know that we'll always love you no matter what."

"Thanks guys. I'm glad you support my family in the making, I have to go now. I love you both."

"We love you too Paul."

I disconnected the call and went back upstairs. I'm glad to know that my parents support me.