Part sixty seven

Part sixty seven

As we headed off to Phoenix, I called my parents to make sure that they were home. No answer. I then decided to call my mom's cell to see if she picked up

"Hello" she answered

"Hey mom, are you and dad home yet?"

"No, our changeover got delayed in Chicago, we should be home tomorrow sometime."

"Oh okay" I said kind of disappointed "Can Paul and I stay the night then? We have a some news to tell you."

"Of course honey, and what kind of news?" she asked

"Thanks mom and it's a surprise, if I told you it would ruin it, but it's good news. I have to go now mom, we'll see you tomorrow, love you."

"Love you too." she said then hung up the phone

We were about five minutes from my parents house. As we pulled up to the house everything was dark, we got our stuff out of the car and headed inside. As i walked in I heard a bark and heard paws running towards us.

"Ojo!" I called out.

I missed my dog so much, it's been a long time since I've seen her. After spending a bit of time with my dog we brought all of our stuff upstairs, Paul bringing most of the heavy stuff because I wasn't allowed to lift heavy items anymore. We go upstairs and go to my old bedroom, as I walk in and place my bag on the floor all the memories I had here came rushing back to me. The day paul and I played video games together and layed on my bed wishing we could stay there forever. All the time paul and I spent together when we first started dating. Three years together. Three years filled with stuff that I could never imagine if I wasn't with him. I was excited when the day would come that I was Kailey Zimmer, soon enough I would have that wish come true where I would walk down the isle wearing a long beautiful white dress, marrying my best friend and being together until the end. I prayed that everything would work out and turn out the way I wanted, I also prayed that Paul and I would be married for the rest of our lives. I'm afraid of the future sometimes, I don't want anything to happen that would affect our family.

I walked over to Paul and gave him a hug, we stood in the middle of the room hugging each other.

"I never want to lose you." I whispered to him then hugged him tighter

"You won't lose me baby, I love you." He whispered back

"I love y-" I try to reply before he cuts me off with a kiss.

"I know you love me babe." He smiled "Want to watch a movie?"

"Of course." I smiled then took his hand and went downstairs to look for a movie.

After we found one we went back upstairs and got ready for bed before we put the movie on. We both got onto the bed, Paul half sitting up and of course wearing no shirt and me laying on Paul's stomach while he ran his fingers through my hair. I loved him so much.