Chapter 3 - Cruel Mate

Picture of Julia.

It has been three fucking days since I actually slept and had some real food. My stomach growls at every minute and my wolf was starting to lose her mind since I have not shifted. I needed to be cautious of rogues since they might sniff out my disgusting scent. My black jeans were now ripped from scratching myself on sharp branches that I couldn't see and my white shirt was now stained by the times I have fell on the wet, dirty mud. My cape was long gone, lost to the rogues on the first day that I have exited my territory. I was absolutely sure that my brunette hair was now greasy and smelly as I could feel myself wanting to shower with the only water I had left for survival.

I was near but not near enough since I only had one more task to do to reach my destination. If I wanted to to reach my destination fast enough, I would have to cross the Moon Blood's territory since going around them would take at least another few days or so. I gulped, standing on the edge of their territory borders, contemplating in my head whether I should cross it or not. I heard many stories of the Moon Blood's that my father had told me when I was just a pup, mostly about the alpha himself. He ripped many people's throats and heads off their bodies without hesitation whoever trespassed his territory or whoever dared to harm his Pack Members. He had risen to take the alpha position at the age of eighteen. I am sure that the alpha is now around twenty-four, still heartless and merciless but the benefit from being a monster is that his pack is the most successful one in the Lycan world.

Having no choice since I had suffered long enough, I needed hospitality fast. I was willing to risk my life. I sucked in a breath and let one of my foot step over the border line as my ears immediately picked up howls whom I assumed was wolves on duty. Cursing under my breath at how good they were, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, knowing that I had already wasted all of my energy on the past few days, pushing myself harder as I thought of the training days I had with the Beta. Adrenaline kicked in and in the corner of my eyes, I dodged the thick trees and their branches that were in my way as I could already see multiple coloured wolves running beside me and on that note, my instinct was to shift. Finding my way onto a small rock, I jumped on it and let my light grey wolf surface, fully shifting into the air as I picked up the noise of my filthy clothes shredding into a million pieces. On all fours, she ran faster than I did in my human legs, turning left to right elegantly as she passed many thick trees.

One of the wolves on the edge bumped into me, opening its mouth to reveal sharp, white canines but my wolf dodged it quickly, running ahead of the wolf before kicking the wolf in the face with her hinds. I was getting tired for sure, the strength and adrenaline was already starting to wear off as I commanded my wolf to slow down because I knew that I couldn't make it. I came to halt, making the other wolves growl before circling around me dangerously and slowly as if observing my wolf. The heart beat inside my chest was beginning to pump loudly and I was sure with their enhanced hearings, they were able to hear it. My wolf whimpered at every growling wolf around me, intimidating her as a thought crossed my mind, I might as well fucking get ripped into pieces.

An unknown and amazing scent collided with my nostrils as my wolf suddenly lifted its head up, taking a big sniff of the air and exhaling slowly.

No, it can't be.

My wolf was starting to go into a frenzy at the magnificent scent. It was coffee mixed with the scent of the forest. My wolf closed its eyes slowly and tried to absorb the scent of what seems to be my mate. A loud and powerful growl that could make the Earth shake, made my wolf snap her eyes open as they found their way towards a midnight blue wolf with its dark brown eyes, widening at me. I could hear my wolf chanting but I distanced myself from her, distracted by the power of an alpha radiating off of him.

But before I could shift back into my human form, the scenery became pitch black as I felt an elbow knock me unconscious.