Chapter 25 - Stupid Dumb Ass Rogues These Days

The bright light blinded me as I fluttered my eyes open, slowly turning my head to the side to see Jake and Aiden with their heads buried in their hands. I gave John, the Pack Doctor, a confused look but all he did was give me a proud smile before helping me sit upright. I groaned at the sudden dizziness as I placed a hand on my sweaty forehead and closed m eyes for a moment in attempt to chase the pain away.

"She's awake, Alpha Aiden and Jake," John announced in a monotone.

Aiden's and Jake's head shot up in an instant.

"Davina, are you okay?" Aiden asked immediately as he hurriedly rushed to my side and grabbed my hand.

I allowed the tingles to crawl up my arm as I smiled at my mate. "I'm okay."

Jake kept a poker face on but I could see a ghost smile playing on his lips. I tried talking to him with my eyes, asking if he told Aiden anything about the last conversation we had.

"He knows," Jake answered, making Aiden snap his neck to the side and glared at him.

I laughed at how childish Aiden could be as I bit my lip and looked up to the doctor who was watching with amusement in his eyes. "Any news?"

I felt Aiden tense and in the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Jake's eyes darkening every silent second. But the doctor kept his smile wide as he looked down on his clipboard. "Luna, you may be shocked to hear this but you are carrying the next Alpha of this pack."

The world stopped spinning.

My heartbeat increased as I could feel tears springing to my eyes.

I could tell my hands were trembling as I pulled my hand out of Aiden's hold and placed them both gently on my stomach, my eyes focused on my flat stomach.

I looked down to meet Aiden's brown, chocolate eyes as they held pride before he lowered his head a bit, placing a soft kiss on my stomach. A couple of clearing throats interrupted our moment as my wolf immediately growled out, wanting to rip them into shreds for ruining the moment.

"Congratulations, I cannot tell you the sex of it yet as you are only three weeks pregnant," John informed as he checked the clipboard again. "When Alpha knew, he was quite shocked."

"How did you know I was pregnant?" I asked with a trembling voice.

"The weird smell was coming from you and also, I could tell you've been throwing up by the pale complexion," he answered with a soft smile. "And of course later, he tests that I have received."

John bowed in Aiden's direction before excusing himself.

"You got my sister pregnant?" Jake questioned, fury yet curiosity consumed his eyes. "Didn't you use protection?"

I giggled at the questions that he threw at us as Aiden only rolled his eyes and sat down next to me, carefully placing an arm around my waist before Aiden and I decided not to answer his questions.

"You're being an overprotective brother; do you see that?" Aiden questioned, a blank façade falling over his handsome features.

"Because she's my sister," Jake answered, cocking an eyebrow at Aiden before focusing his attention on me. "Are you ready for this responsibility, Davina?"

"I am," I answered confidently. "But I wasn't expecting this."

"Who did?" Jake asked rhetorically before sighing heavily as he left the room.

I looked to my side where I caught Aiden giving me a smile. "Are you ready to be a father?"

"Hell yeah," he answered, giving me a wink before his eyes widened in realisation. "I need to raise the number of security now."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm safe with Ian and Danny."

~~~~

After an hour of hearing the big news, we decided to keep it and surprise the Pack when I was due. Aiden had obviously rushed to the Pack meeting along with Danny and Ian about my safety which I thought wasn't necessary. My mind was racing as my hands kept moving in a circular motion around my stomach.

I sighed, walking up the stairs until an unfamiliar scent caught my attention. I frowned, took a big sniff before continuing my way towards the black door. I placed my hand on the door knob before turning it carefully. The door creaked softly as it opened, revealing the broken glass wall as the glass shards have shattered all over the bedroom floor.

My heartbeat picked up as I took a closer step to the scene, the horrible scent getting stronger.

I slowly turned my head towards the bed and saw man in his forties laying down with a wicked grin plastered on his face as I hitched my breath at how similar the resemblance between him and Aiden was. His dark grey eyes held mischief and the wrinkles were clearly visible on his forehead.

"Who are you?" I asked lowly as my wolf was now fully alert.

"Davina Rosales," he spoke as if he owned the place, my name rolling off his tongue. "So good to meet you, dear one."

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked, clenching my fists as I crouched a bit, getting ready to shift if I needed too.

The main raised an eyebrow at me before hopping off the bed swiftly, taking a big step towards me whilst I took a step back. His eyes held confusion before he took a big sniff of the air as if taking in all the oxygen around us before a devilish smirk appeared on his old face. "A pup?"

My eyes widened yet I kept my face blank as he took a tiny step towards me. I dug my nails into the palm of my hands, my blood boiling and my veins pumping in anger. "How did you get in here without getting caught?"

"That's a secret and it wouldn't be a secret anymore if I told someone," he answered casually as his claws grew. "Now, you either surrender yourself or you can fight and may lose the pup inside of you."

I growled as my wolf lent me her claws. I lunged towards him, hoping to do some damage but to only scratch his left cheek. His eyes darkened as fury was now evident in his eyes. He growled quietly, assuming to not attract any more attention from my Pack Members.

"Alpha, I think we've been caught," a man, similar to his age, made an appearance at the doorway.

"Stupid dumb ass rogues these days, you can't even do your task right anymore," the man who was fighting me replied out loud. "Tan, help me take care of this Luna but make sure no harm comes to her stomach."

The man that appeared in the doorway, Tan, turned his attention on him as his eyes glowed red. My eyes widened at the sight and just before I could shift into my wolf, in a blink of an eye, Tan and the man lunged at me simultaneously, both slashing their claws on either side of my cheeks before one of them slammed my head hard against the bathroom door.

My head pounded like crazy as I dropped to the floor, my vision was a blur and my ears were starting to ring loudly. Clear, dark sports appeared in my vision before my heavy eyelids forced themselves closed, letting the darkness swallow me whole.