Chapter 4 - Vulnerable

AIDENS POV

Settling Davina down on the uncomfortable, small hospital bed in one of the private rooms in the Pack Hospital, the doctor immediately shoved me to the side so he could start working on her. My wolf was miserable and defeated that he had done such thing to our mate but I was more disappointed in myself for I had let him take complete control over me.

When I met Davina in the woods, I could already sense her power and her amazing, rose scent. It was captivating. She is a Rosales after all. Our future flashed before my eyes once we made eye contact, sending my wolf into a frenzy as he had the urge to go near her but he only pushed that urge down. He immediately regretted his choice once he saw the Beta attack her beautiful wolf.

I'm so fucking stupid, my wolf said, growling in frustration.

I didn't reply to him but clenched my fists together.

It has been four hours since everything had happened and not one mind-link from the doctor informing me that she will be okay. I had hurt my mate. No. I almost killed her.

"She'll be fine Aiden," my Beta reassured me for the fourth time in an hour as he sat down in front of my long, black, messy desk as he looked around at the paper work that has been scattered in front of me.

"Ace, I nearly killed her," I hissed, clenching my jaw together. "I nearly killed my fucking mate."

"She attacked you first," Ace replied with a shrug. "She'll be fine, have faith in her wolf."

I stared at the red, ripped-open punching bad that had stuffing pouring out of it. Earlier, I had ordered one of the Pack Guards that were posted outside my house to fetch me it so I could release my anger and frustration and to be honest, I did a pretty decent job.

"Davina Rosales is Alpha Nick's daughter, right?" Ace asked, a frown appearing on his face.

I nodded slowly, bemused.

"His pack has been quiet lately," Ace informed thoughtfully. "There hasn't been any recent activities on their pack."

"And?" I questioned, annoyed.

"I think we should check out their territory," Ace answered, confidently. "He didn't attend to last night's meeting. We all know he never misses out on a meeting. And why would Davina run away from her family?" He rambled on.

It was good point for Ace to make. I sighed and nodded whilst rubbing my temples, approving his request. I gathered a group of Pack Fighters to tag along with Ace and I, just in case we needed back up. They filled two matte, black Range Rovers. We were used to transporting ourselves to other territories since shifting back to our human form would be a hassle.

After a few long hours, we finally arrived to the deserted Golden Dream's territory. We filed out the cars one by one as mixed, disgusting scents collided with our nostrils, our arms flying up to our noses on their own accord. I observed their cringed faces that was plastered onto everyone's face as we slowly made our way towards their Pack Grounds. My eyes widened at the horrific scene that came into view as I fought the urge to look away. The disgusting scene made my stomach turn upside down that I might as well soon throw up. I studied the scene closely, looking at many pale, lifeless bodies that were currently rotting on the ground. I made a hand movement to signal the fighters to examine the scene more thoroughly as Ace and I pinched our noses before we strolled towards the Pack House, dodging dead bodies here and there.

The Pack Living Room was also filled with dead bodies, scattered everywhere on the ground. Dried blood was spilled almost everywhere and some were even splattered onto the peachy walls.