Chapter 17 - Love, Me X

I woke up due to the coldness that swallowed me. I blinked twice to get rid of the blurriness before my eyes danced around, sighing in relief that I was only in one of the Pack Hospital's private rooms. I glanced towards my side where Rachel's hand was on top of mine, her head was on top of our entwined hands.

I smiled and moved my fingers a bit as she suddenly sat upright, her eyes widened in shock then filled with relief. "Davina, it's been two fucking days, thank moon goddess!"

My eyes widened in shock at her words. I tried connecting myself to my wolf but only to feel nothing, guessing she only disconnected herself from me. The curtains of my room were drawn together, blocking out any sunlight from entering. My body ached, especially my waist as I suddenly winced whilst trying to lift myself up so I was able to lean against the headboard.

The door opened a bit, enough for the doctor's, whose name I learnt was John, head to peak in. A smile formed on his tired face as he stepped in and closed the door behind him, holding a clipboard against his chest. He ruffled his black hair as usual and rubbed his brown eyes as if he just woken up.

"Thanks to Rachel, I was able to be notified that you have woken up," his deep voice said softly as he approached me. "I've been seeing more of you recently."

I laughed lightly whilst he shook his head teasingly as Rachel rolled her eyes and clutched my hand tightly as if I was going to disappear any moment now.

"What are the damages?" Rachel asked, a bit too desperately.

"Nothing major. When Alpha Aiden found you being dragged by a group of rogues, you had a wolf bite on your waist and so maybe that's why you're in pain. You must've gotten a bite on your tail as well and that's why your leg hurts. Your forehead has been bruised but it's gone thanks to your wolf healing," he answered calmly. "Are you connected to your wolf at the moment?"

I shook my head whilst rubbing my temples, feeling a headache coming on. "She's disconnected herself from me."

He frowned. "That should be normal because she's tired and needs a break. But after a week or so if she still hasn't connected herself to you yet, please come and see me."

I nodded with a smile. "Thank you."

"It's my job," he replied before bowing his head to me in submission, giving Rachel a stern look before leaving the both of us to talk.

I exhaled heavily, the ache in my chest was coming along as I craved for my mate. "Where's Aiden?"

"God, you don't even want to know Davina," she answered, running her fingers through her red hair quickly. "The moment you were brought here and being checked up, he has given everyone the cold shoulder. He had a meeting with a group of men about your protection and the security of the Pack. Also for the past two days, I'm assuming he hasn't slept a wink because the dark, ugly under eye circles are clearly visible since he's been running around his territory to make sure no rogue has remained or trespassed."

My chest ached for him and my heart sunk to my stomach as Rachel continued on, "you also don't even want to know how many Pack Guards has been placed on the borderline as well."

I shrugged and get off the bed slowly as Rachel rushed to the other side to help me stand up steadily. I looked down at my outfit where I had been wearing my own grey sweatpants and one of Aiden's white t-shirt. I inhaled his delicious scent to comfort me.

"Do you want to see him?" Rachel asked, sadness laced in her voice.

I bit my lip and nodded.

Rachel helped me leave the Pack Hospital as many nurses bowed their heads in respect. Once we made it outside, the fresh, warm breeze slammed into me as I welcomed it. Rachel and I came into view as we stepped onto the Pack Grounds where adults and children jumped up in the air in pure joy to see their Luna feeling well and alive. I look to my left and right to see four medium sized groups of trainers pumping their fists in triumph at the sight of their Luna as I only managed to return little waves.