Chapter 12 - Ceremony

"You must run, run far from this place, Davina!" I heard a familiar, masculine, deep voice as my eyes danced around the misty forest, desperately for them to land on a certain figure. "Go!"

The voice sent chills down my spine as my heart beat increased when I realised the voice belonged to my father. I ran in the direction of his voice where my father in his wolf form suddenly appeared in front of me, growling at another but I couldn't decipher the colour of the wolf because of the stupid mist.

"Father!" I exclaimed, tears welling up in my eyes.

My father's head whipped around, his black eyes darkening at the sight of me as I examined his whole wolf form, blood had been painted on his beautiful fur and he was, alone.

"Run, Davina!" he shouted through the mind-link.

I shook my head in response, wanting to be close to him and was about to take a step forward when the unknown-coloured wolf jumped on my father when he was distracted, tearing him into pieces, limb by limb, as I, Davina Rosales, watched my father whimper and howl in pain until he was lifeless on the ground.

A loud piercing screen shot into the air, realising that there was no one around except for the unknown wolf but also knowing that the scream was coming from me.

Tears flowed down my eyes like waterfalls as if they had been trying to escape this whole time. The unknown wolf made its way closer to me, slow steps at a time as I shook in fear uncontrollably, waiting for my turn to be dead, to finally meet my parents.

"Davina!" a masculine voice shouted, shaking my body awake as I suddenly snapped my eyes open.

I observed my surroundings and took in deep breaths, realising that I was just having a nightmare.

"I heard screaming and I thought you were in trouble, are you okay?" Ian, my bodyguard, asked with concern laced in his voice as I nodded in response, waving him off.

"It was just a nightmare," I whispered to myself once I heard the door close behind Ian quietly, using the back of my hand to wipe away the remaining tears.

I calmed my beating heart down before slipping out of bed and did my morning routine. Noticing something, I took a few steps backwards from the walk-in closet and realised Aiden wasn't in the room, a yellow sticky note on his nightstand was in sight.

I frowned and took it into my hand where Aiden's neat, cursive handwriting was plastered on the note, pack business, see you later. Yours, Aiden.

My heart fluttered at the word 'yours' as I started sauntering into the closet with a smile plastered on my face, slipping into denim shorts, a white tank top with a cream coloured cardigan that covered my ass. I applied some light makeup and threw my hair into a messy bun as I smiled at my reflection.

I skipped downstairs.

Hold on, did I just say skipped?

I heard muffled voice from a distant as I crept closer to the office door, leaning my ear against it as Aiden's booming voice became loud and clear as day.

"He's going after her!"

Ace's voice came into hearing. "He wouldn't dare lay a finger on her, especially if she's your mate."

I heard a frustration growl come through. Is this called pack business?

"He raped her, did you even know how my father felt?"