Chapter 23 - What?

To be shocked would be an understatement.

I was horrified and yet for the first time in weeks or even months, I was scared to death.

Aiden and Ace had returned about two hours ago, anger radiating off the both of them when they had walked in. Pack Members of all sorts were genuinely concerned for their Alpha and Beta but at the same time, they were scared shitless.

Aiden had called in all of us before he explained that now all the other Alpha knew about the blood that ran deep in my veins. Julia, Staci, Danny and Ian also knew since Aiden had invited them, letting them know what they are up against when they were protecting me.

It took an hour to at least explain everything in detail and now, I'm sitting on my sofa with my jaw hanging open, my eyes widened. My mouth was opening and closing like a dead fish as I observed the other confused faces in the silent room.

"H-how?" I managed to whisper, all heads snapping in my direction at the sound of my voice.

Aiden sighed, moving closer to me before swinging an arm around my shoulders as he kissed my temples. "I don't know."

"It doesn't matter now," Ace spoke up, determination shown in his eyes as Julia clung onto his arm, nodding furiously as if they were talking about their child. "Our top priority is the Luna and we will keep her safe at all costs."

"I think we need to kill some bitches," Staci pointed out before cracking her knuckles then moved onto her neck as if she was going to wrestle.

Once we heard the front door open, each and every body stiffened, our lips completely sealed. Our necks craned to the side to see the masculine figure with a blank façade, his hands inside his pockets with his black t-shirt clinging to his built body.

My eyes were especially focused on his facial expression, my thoughts moving towards my father as my eyes suddenly widened at the resemblance between the two.

"Hello," Jake greeted, his eyes focused on me.

My thoughts were already trained off. "Hey Jake, what brings you here?"

"I was hoping to speak to the Alpha," Jake answered in a monotone, his eyes travelling towards Aiden who cocked his eyebrow before nodding.

"Everyone's dismissed," Aiden declared before retreating back to his office, Jake in tow.

Julia and Ace left to go for walk whilst Staci left to go see her mate. Danny and Ian refused to leave my side as we strolled into the kitchen, Rachel plopping down on the seat beside me.

"It's pack business," Rachel said out of the blue as I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"When are you going home?" I asked, curiosity consuming me.

Rachel's eyes shifted, her hazel turning dark as if a past was haunting her but before I could decipher anything, she cleared her throat, plastering on a blank smile and just like that, her eyes returned to their natural colour. "Soon, my dear. I do miss my pup and my mate but you're in danger and I know you need me at the moment."

I nodded, shoving the thought of Rachel possibly hiding something. A churning feeling appeared in my stomach, rising in my throat as my legs on instinct, rushed to the nearest toilet as I heaved everything out.

A few minutes later, reassuring myself that I was okay, I groaned and stood up before rinsing my mouth. I headed towards the kitchen to see a bag of chips as I bit my lip and reached for it, ripped it open before shoving each and every piece down my throat.

"Are you okay, Luna?" Danny asked as he strolled out of the pantry with an arm full of food as he snacked on a toast.

My stomach grumped as I threw away the empty bag of chips before grabbing another from Danny. "Fine."

Ian walked out of the pantry as well, his phone in his hands as he stared at me in confusion. I waved it off before having to need to stomp inside Aiden's office. I ripped the door open and growled as two men immediately snapped their attention towards me.

Jake took a huge but silent sniff, his eyes darkening as his gaze snapped to my stomach then back to his Alpha.

On the other hand, Aiden's eyes softened before giving me a wink.

"Davina, that's not healthy for you," Aiden pointed out the obvious as I glared at him, tears brimming my eyes.

"Alpha, could I speak to the Luna for a bit?" Jake asked, keeping his gaze on the bag of chips in my hands.

Aiden's eyes darkened and clenched his fists. "No."

"No?" I questioned. I turned to Jake and smiled before adding, "sure."

I gave one quick glare in Aiden's direction before stomping out of the house to only hear a crash coming out of it. I rolled my eyes as I led Jake and myself to one of the logs that was situated outside the house.

The sudden warm breeze slammed into my face as my eyes danced around the empty Pack Grounds, knowing that the Pack Members were all inside for lunch.

I sat down, stretched my legs before turning my attention onto Jake whose eyes was still dark, his fists clenching and unclenching. 

"Hello little sister."

What?