Chapter 26 - How Could You?

My head was pounding hard as I could feel the sweat trickle down my cheek. Or was it blood? I slowly opened my eyes and gagged at the horrible scent that had managed to crawl up my nostrils no later than two seconds. The smell of dead, rotten bodies and overdue milk as if it hasn't been thrown away in years. I took in my surroundings as I was currently in a cell with big, thick metal bars just inches away from me and the brick wall looked new as if it was just built.

It was silent.

Too silent.

Are you okay, Davina? My wolf asked with worry.

I'm fine, I just need to contact the others, I answered.

My head continued to pound like crazy as I grimaced, trying to focus on the mind-link but failed to do so due to the pain that was coursing through my head. I groaned in frustration and decided to give up after a few seconds, knowing that I'll get the same results whatsoever.

Is the pup okay? My wolf asked.

My eyes widened as I looked down at my stomach and moved my hand in circular motions around it. The fear of losing my child, our child, was devastating and I couldn't bear the thought of that.

I hope so, I answered her.

I heard a few, loud claps coming from the darkness that was from the far wall. I squinted my eyes in attempt to see something but to no avail. I growled and just a few seconds later, Tan, a girl with brunette hair tied up into a messy bun and her light washed jeans painted in dirt as her white tank top was painted in blood was holding another man's hand, Ben.

The pain in my chest formed at the betrayal but I kept my poker face on, staring right at Staci whose eyes held pity and guilt. I clenched my fists, not wanting to rage, knowing that they'll discover my weakness.

"Staci Hills, how could you?" I questioned, venom dripping down from every word that escapes my lips. "You betrayed your Pack, your Luna and your best friend."

Staci's face held no emotion whatsoever but her eyes screamed it all. She was forced. My eyes snapped to her mate, Ben, who had black hair, not a very built muscular body but muscular enough to be a wolf. He plastered on an ugly snarl, a wicked glint in his brown eyes that shined.

And to believe he wouldn't hurt me.

"Raymond, what shall we do with Luna D?" Tan questioned.

"Well, it'll take a while for my nephew to discover where we are," Raymond answered, his eyes raping my body as if I was naked.

"Nephew?" I couldn't help by question.

"Aiden Brooklyn, is indeed my nephew," Raymond stated, taking two big steps closer to the metal bars and crouched down so that we were now eye level. "I failed to do so many things to my sister-in-law but I could always do them with my nephew's mate. What do you think?"

A cold shiver ran down my spine as I spat in his face, worrying about the consequences later.

"You daughter of a bitch," Raymond snarled, taking a tissue from Tan. Raymond stood up, placing both of his hands behind his back and smiled wickedly. "Did you know what your father had done to me?"

I laughed humourlessly. "I know what Aiden will do to you all when he finds me."

In the corner of my eye, I could see Staci's eyes widen in fear, evident in her trembling.

Raymond scoffed. "Your father killed off half of my rogue pack, the only family I have left."

Now it was my turn to smile wickedly. "I really don't care."

Raymond growled as he kept his evil eyes focused on me. "Your father didn't mention it to you because he knew that him and his family was on top of my revenge list. He didn't tell you anything that had to do with me because it was the only way to protect his precious, blooded daughter."

I gulped, not wanting to respond as a thought crossed my mind, that was why he trained me at an early age, to help me prepare to fight an idiot like Raymond.

"We'll see you tonight," Raymond whispered. "To see what's so special about your blood." And with that, he walked out the door with his minions following behind.

I knew Staci was staring at me on her way out, trying to capture my attention but I had no reasons to forgive her for what she had done to me. I continued to look down at the disgusting floor until I heard the door slam shut.

I looked up, wiping the tears that was running down my cheeks, missing the protection of my mate and his scent. It was right of him to increase the security.

And I knew this was only just the beginning of my hell.