Chapter 20 - He Better Have A Good Explanation

"Alpha Aiden and Luna Davina," Aiden said after rolling down his window to one of the Wolf Dirt Pack Guards.

It took five minutes, arguing if we should take the same car or separate ones but unfortunately, Ace and Aiden had obviously won the argument so that we would be in separate cars because of their possessiveness. The ride has been an hour long, an hour of comfortable silence and chattering here and there.

Aiden parked his Ferrari beside another expensive, beautiful car before rounding his own, opening the passenger door for me. I took his offered hand and stepped out of the car, my very own ears picking up music blasting from the enormous Pack House that was located only a few metres away. I caught a glimpse of the lights illuminating the darkness as people laughed hysterically while walking in and out of the house.

"Well, this is quite the party," I commented as Aiden chuckled before kissing my cheek. "I've never attended to a Becoming-An-Alpha celebration before only because my father thought I would fangirl over it and demand my own."

Aiden laughed, along with Julia and Ace. We strolled across the Pack Grounds in the direction of the Pack House as I caught the attention of unmated males, Aiden's arm snaking around my waist possessively before giving them cold looks.

I smiled and patted his arm that rested on my waist as we stepped inside the less-crowded Pack living room.

"Alpha Aiden," a man exclaimed, placing down a bottle of beer on a table before man-hugging my mate. The man's eyes roamed around my face before realisation slammed into him like a tsunami, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. "You must be Luna Davina."

"Davina, meet Alpha Henry, soon to be former Alpha, Aiden introduced as I smiled politely.

Henry had wrinkles here and there, around his eyes and mouth when he smiled, his black hair brought out his pale complexion yet his hazel eyes stood out amongst everything else. "I'm so glad you could make it, my son will be very happy to know that the strongest Alpha attended his ceremony. Shall we go meet him?"

Aiden nodded before kissing the side of my temple, "I'll be back, babe."

I nodded as Julia came to my side whilst we watched our mates fade into the distance. She sighed dramatically and reached out just as Ace turned around a corner, whimpering in sadness.

"Julia, he'll be back," I commented with a chuckle as she shrugged.

We made our way towards the back of the Pack House where the main celebration was, Ian and Danny shadowing my every move now that Aiden was gone. I gave Alpha Sean a little wave when our eyes met as he gave me a nod in response. It's been a good ten minutes but I could tell that I was already yearning for my mate's presence, unless...

Yes bitch, I'm back! My wolf, Delilah, exclaimed in joy.

Never thought I'd miss you so much, welcome back.

How is our mate?

You missed out on pleasure.

My wolf growled in annoyance as I disconnected myself from her with a grin. A small hand that gripped my wrist caught my attention as I whipped my head to the side to see Julia clutching her stomach, whimpering in pain.

My heartbeat accelerated as Danny and Ian rushed over towards us in concern. "What's wrong, Julia?"

"I need...the....bathroom..." she managed to answer.

I nodded.

Since Ian and Danny had been here before, they insisted that they would lead her to the bathroom that just happened to be around the corner. I followed, watching Julia puke her guts out for a few minutes before she rinsed her mouth and washed her face. Julia came out, flushed and embarrassed as I sniffed her out, a familiar scent crawling up my nostrils a few minutes later.