Chapter 10 - We Meet Again

Aidens POV

I watched the children pile on top of my beautiful mate one by one as she laughed on the grass amongst her new friends.

"They know man," Ace declared proudly, puffing his chest out once he approached me.

"You know how girls are," I responded with a shake of my head in amusement. "They do find out everything within a few seconds."

"Hey, when you and Davina complete the mating process, the news would spread even faster," he snorted as a response.

I rolled my eyes at my Beta before we both sauntered over towards the Pack Dungeons where I was able to speak with the rogue. My Pack Guards had tortured him for at least a day yet he hasn't given us any answers and hell, was it pissing me off.

"Alpha Aiden," both Pack Guards said simultaneously before they bowed in submission.

I gave them a slight nod before entering, a rotten scent filing up my nostrils as Ace and I cringed.

Ace and I observed the rogue, its head hanging low as if he was lifeless. He had sniffed out my scent before lifting his head slowly, a weak smirk plastered on his face as if he was going to play dumb when I ask him the questions.

"Tell me what you want with my mate," I whispered, a growl escaping my lips.

A hint of amusement flashed in his dead eyes, another growl escaping my lips as I clenched my fists at my sides.

"Never," he hissed.

I sighed whilst my wolf heightened my claws for me as I placed the sharp tip against his neck before leaning in close to his distorted face. We were so close and I swear to the moon goddess that I could see his eyes ringed with purple as they trembled in fear, my wolf picking up the fastened heart beat of his.

"If you want to see another second of your life, you will tell me," I threatened.

I arched an eyebrow at him as he choked out a scoff before I shrugged casually and dug my claw into his flesh, hearing him howl in pain. I could feel the blood rush against my claw as his breathing started to get heavy.

"Hey, I see a vein," I pointed out coldly as his eyes widened in pure shock.

"Fine!" he shouted, fear laced in his tone.

I smirked before pulling my claw out of his neck, letting his head hang lower than it already was as my inner wolf howled in satisfaction and victory.

"My alpha wants your mate's head because her pack did something to him," he answered with low breaths before suddenly looking up at me with a smirk. "And I will never tell you-"

I yawned before my inner wolf growled once more as I let him take control. My wolf ripped his head of in one swift move, the desire to rip many more of rushed in my veins as he memory popped up in my mind, the memory of Brea getting ripped into pieces.

"Burn him," I growled towards the closest Pack Guard who obeyed silently before carrying the lifeless and headless body out.

I cannot do anything but protect my mate with my own life. I needed to know what was going to happen to her. I cannot risk losing the only thing that is keeping me alive. My wolf growled in pain at the thought of Davina being taken away from us.

"Aiden there's a rogue attack," Ace declared quickly before rushing out as my wolf hearings picked up clothes shredding.

Panic ran through me as I mind-linked Davina's assigned bodyguards. Ian, Danny, keep Davina inside my home until I tell you when to let her go.