Chapter 27 - We Must Act

AIDENS POV

It's been a whole two hours since Davina's gone missing.

For real this time.

The presence of Staci and Ben had also disappeared yet no one knew of their location. I clenched my fists and slammed it on my desk hard, only to result of breaking the table in half as I stormed out of the house to see George and his Pack Fighters approach me, exhausted.

"Any traces of her?" I questioned, a blank façade falling over my face.

"No, Alpha Aiden," Ken, the tracker, answered for George who reappeared from the forest with his tracker group.

"Another search," I commanded but no one seemed to budge. I could feel the Alpha voice rising in my throat as my wolf needed his mate in his sight, to see that she was safe. "NOW!" And with that, the wolves nodded before shifting into their wolves, running off towards the forest again for the third time today.

I rubbed my temples and looked around the Pack Grounds. The wind has gotten colder and the Pack Members had been locked inside, worrying about their Luna and praying for her safety to the Moon Goddess after hearing the news. A familiar scent crawled into my nostrils as I immediately turned around to see Ace, Rachel and Jake approaching me after slipping out of the car that had been parked to the side.

"Did you get them?" I questioned Ace.

He nodded. "They're here."

I nodded as the three of them went to stand behind me as I watched six black vans drive into the Pack Grounds, one by one as Alpha Sean and his Beta, Luke, got out of the first van along with their best Pack Fighters. Alpha Sean's fists were clenched, a blank façade falling over his face as he approached me with a look in his eyes, a look that he was going to rip someone's throat out of they got in his way.

"Is it true?" Alpha Sean questioned with such seriousness as his eyes darkened.

I nodded, emotionless.

"Let's talk inside," he suggested as I nodded in response before he turned around to face many of his Pack Fighters as he commanded, "camp out here."

~~~~

It's been an hour since we entered the living room. We had it all planned out on what we would do without the help of Rachel's Pack since it would take at least a day for all of them to get here from Australia and we wouldn't want to waste any time. My mind began to rush as my wolf was howling in loneliness, craving for his mate.

I tried mind-linking Davina yet it kept disconnecting.

I clenched the arm rest and groaned in frustration.

"Raymond is thirsty for revenge," Alpha Sean whispered to himself, his eyes remained dark.

"Alpha Aiden," George rushed in, panting heavily. "There is absolutely nothing out there. No traces of our Luna whatsoever because these guys are good at covering their tracks."

"We need to act quickly, Alpha," Jake added, coming in as he pulled a shirt over his body. "My sister is in danger while you all sit here and discuss how to do this and that. She's suffering out there."

"She's not, not yet," I protested. "I haven't felt anything through the bond."

"How can we find Luna Davina if we don't have any traces of where she is?" Beta Luke asked, keeping his eyes focused on Ace who happened to be in deep in thought.

There was a minute of silence, everyone deep in thought on how to rescue the Luna. I growled in frustration and grabbed the nearest vase, smashing it on the floor in frustration as we all watched it shatter into pieces.

No one dared to flinch.

"Alpha, Beta!" Rachel shouted, running down the stairs quickly with relief washing over her panicked face. "There's a piece of clothing with a very faint unfamiliar scent. Maybe you should use this."

Rachel rushed towards me before handing me the small piece of fabric with specks of blood. I inhaled the horrible scent and sure enough, it was faint but my Alpha sense were shouting at me that this was a rogue's scent.

"Ken, use this to help you track your Luna," I handed my tracker the fabric as he nodded in approval before quickly gathering his team who were standing in the corner silently.

We watched Ken and his group head out, shifting in mid-air and into the forest. I could feel the pain wash over me as I stumbled back into the chair, placing a hand on my forehead as I tried to stop the pain that was quickly forming. I closed my eyes for a moment before the pain had completely disappeared.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see Ace staring at me worriedly. I looked to my left to see Alpha Sean, his eyes distant as I knew that he was deep in thought. Rachel was standing next to Jake who held her tightly, her fists clenched at her sides as if she was going to punch someone in an instant.

I cleared my throat, all eyes snapping to me like hungry wolves. "The pain has started for Davina and now, we must act. Quickly."