Chapter 10: Romance se passe

I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD! (Dead possibly being procrastination) 4 weeks left of school for this term. 3 full weeks of writing. Sounds like a plan. Please forgive me for the late update!

Alex's POV:||:

I'm so warm. It's absolutely freezing outside tonight, but I'm inside. In ugg boots, two layers of pyjama pants, 3 layers of pyjama tops, under two blankets with a hot water bottle with Maxine and Natalie doing the same, watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Maxine wasn't paying much attention, on her phone as usual. She occasionally looked up. Occasionally. Natalie on the other hand was watching contently. Nat and I love Harry Potter, so we were happy with it. I got the occasional text from John.

'Want to come down for some tea?'

'Will you turn Harry Potter on?'

'TV's not working'

'Bull. Absolute crap, John Watson'

'Sherlock's detesting against it'

'Then I won't come'

'We'll come up then?'

'Fine'

I wriggled my arms back under my blanket and continued to watch the movie. I heard a knock at the door and I yelled "IT'S OPEN, JOHN" and turned back to the screen. I heard John stumble in and Sherlock's quiet steps trot in after him.

"There's tea on the stovetop, John," I called as he went to hang up his coat. "Yes, your black coffee with two sugars is there too, Sherlock" I added. He laughed quietly and they returned over to us. Sherlock sat in front of me, leaning against my shins and John did the same with Maxine. Natalie didn't really notice, not that she cared anyways. Sherlock and I texted rather than talked, he knows I like my movies.

'How are you?   SH'

'Just fair, you?'

'Can't point any negatives. Satisfactory, I suppose.   SH'

'That's good'

'Do you want to go out to dinner tomorrow night? 7:00? At Galvin Bistrot de Luxe?   SH'

'Sure. 66 Baker Street, right?'

'Precisely.  SH'

'French cuisine. Nice. What made you choose that?'

'I noticed that you'd watched Les Miserables earlier. Your eyes were red and puffy. You rarely cry all that I've known you. Les Miserables is only one of the few movies you cry in. At Enjorlas' death and at the end. Thought you'd want to try French.   SH'

'...Ok then. Can I have some of your coffee? I can't be bothered getting up to make myself something'

Sherlock got up and strode to the kitchen, put the kettle on and came back over with something in a white thermos. He'd made me a chai latte. He actually knew I liked these. "Thanks" I mumbled gingerly taking it off of him. He gave me a quick grin and then sat in front of me again. It got to 9:00 and we were all starting to get tired. I was drifting off. Natalie was reading in her room. Maxine was in her room on her phone, eating ice cream, John was with Maxine, watching some other movie with her. Sherlock and I were still in the lounge room, watching Les Miserables. I was now cuddling up against him sitting on the floor, the blankets protecting us from the cold. We were up to the scene where Enjorlas and Grantaire were being executed. I held Sherlock's hand tightly as I felt my eyes burn. His arms pulled me closer to him and I could feel his concerned stare on me. The gunshots echoed through the speakers and the tears slipped down my face. Sherlock tried the best he could to soothe me, and it actually worked. He turned the tv off and then we headed back to my room and he put a different movie on. Cinderella Man was playing through my old PlayStation 2 and Sherlock and I huddled together under my 3 layers of thick blankets. I could feel myself drifting in and out, Sherlock was as well surpisingly. I turned off the tv and Sherlock held me tightly. His heartbeat rocked me to sleep, slowly.. evenly.. rocked me to sleep.