Chapter 30: The Aftermath of the Dark Lord

Well hello. Hope you liked the last chapter and yes, i know the end was cheesy but come on. I FINALLY UPDATED YAY!!! it's kinda short but it needed to be done.

love lots
R xoxo

Alex's POV:

One word.

Ouch.

Why is it that whenever I attempt to go on a case with Sherlock, I get shot? Well that's a subliminal message to tell me that I shouldn't go on cases with him.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw a bunch of flowers on one chair and on the other, a giant bear. I squinted and looked at the tag which read:

'Lean on me when you're not strong
-SH
(P.S. The bear's name is Ramin Karimloo)'

I chuckled softly and raised the bed slightly. I looked around and found my phone on my bedside desk. I picked it up and checked my notifications; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and finally my texts.

8 new messages:

Nat:
'Can you like wake up it's our birthday in 11 days and I don't wanna be alone. Cheers'

Maxine:
'Oi oi oi are you awake yet.
Alex wake up I need to tell you something'

Nat:
'OMG A GUY JUST HIT ON ME AT THE COMIC BOOK STORE ALEX OMG'

Mama H:
'BEST WISHES FOR YOUR HEALTH
LOL
MRS HUDSON XO'

Lestrade:
'Hope you're doing well, Al. Best wishes
-Greg'

John:
'Get well soon, lovely girl. I'm always here if you need quiet rather than cases xx'

Abbey:
'Best wishes for you getting better, we miss you at the morgue haha x'

Sherlock:
'Rise and shine, Alexis Jean
-SH'

Fancy that. Oh, probably forgot to tell you.. Nat and Jim had sort of drifted apart in the time I haven't mentioned. So Nat's a free bird, and now she's got someone hitting on her at the comic book store, how classic.

I heard the door click and saw John slowly come into the room.

"Hello, sweetie," He said softly with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Meh" I replied with a weak smile. He came over and sat on my bed and took my hand in his.

"New rule: you're not allowed on any more cases with Sherlock," John stated firmly and I had to laugh; only now does he tell me not to. "I'm serious, Alex"

"I know.." I mumbled.

"I've phoned for your dad to come" John said, running his thumb over my hand.

"When's he coming?" I was a little excited that dad was coming, even though it's because of the circumstances.

"Should be here this afternoon"

"Did you tell him about.. everything?" I asked warily, remembering Jim. John nodded.

"Yeah. But only briefly" I nodded and let my head loll to the side to gaze out the window. I still felt John's gaze on me and when I looked to him out of the corner of my eye, he was looking at me in pity.

"Go home, John. I'm just making you sad" I sighed, not looking at him. He stayed put for a moment, then pressed a quick kiss on my forehead.

"I'll tell you when your father has arrived" and with that I was left alone again.