Chapter 24: A Moriarty Party

A/N: Hey there ok, enjoy my darlings love ya xxx

Alex's POV:

I was at Dad's house with Jim in Dungannon and Jim was getting tea and biscuits ready. I was on the lounge with Dad and Dad was hugging me.

"Chiquitita, tell me the truth. You're enchained by your own sorrow. In your eyes, there is no hope for tomorrow" Dad sang softly while he rocked me. I'd just finished pouring out what happened and I'd dissolved into a pool of tears.

"You were always sure of yourself, now I see you've broken a feather. I hope we can patch it up together" Jim sang as he came into the lounge-room with a tea tray, laden with tea, milk, sugar and biscuits.

"CHIQUITITA, YOU AND I KNOOOOOW, HOW THE HEARTACHES COME AND THEY GO AND THE SCARS THEY'RE LEAVIN'!!! YOU'LL BE DANCIN' ONCE AGAIN AND THE PAIN WILL END YOU WILL HAVE NO TIME FOR GRIEVIN'!!! CHIQUITITA YOU AND I CRYYYYY BUT THE SUN IS STILL IN THE SKY AND SHINING ABOVE YOU!!! LET US HEAR YOU SING ONCE MORE, LIKE YOU DID BEFORE SING A NEW SONG CHIQUITITA!!" Dad and Jim sang as loudly as they could then tickled me and got me to laugh. I love my family so much.

"Want to watch "To Kill A Mockingbird"?" Jim asked. I nodded and he went and put it on.

"Remember-" Dad started.

" 'Milk first, then sugar, then the tea' Of course I remember, Dad, you hammered it into my head so I wouldn't forget" I laughed. I ducked upstairs to my room to get changed into a sweater and tracksuit pants and my phone buzzed. 8 new messages.

'Sherlock Holmes:

Alex, please call me or message me so I can explain'

'Sherlock Holmes:
Alex, please'

'Natalie Holden:

Please give any of us a ring, we're all worried xxx just give me a call and we can talk about it'

'Maxine Dannon:

Oi oi oi oi oi oi oi give me a call plz'

'Maxine Dannon:

Oi oi oi oi oi oi please ring me we need to talk about it'

'John Watson:

Love, just give me a ring and tell me where you are, okay? xx'

'John Watson:

Alex, PLEASE, sweetheart, give me a call xx'

'Sherlock Holmes:

Please.'

How long have I been gone from 221 Baker Street? I checked my calendar. I've been gone for 4 weeks and haven't checked my phone once.

SHERLOCK'S POV: (2 weeks earlier)

She hasn't called. She hasn't texted. She hasn't emailed. I just hope she's not dead. The only reason I was with Janine was so I could stop Magnussen. Oh, you mightn't know about Magnussen. Short version: He's bad. Janine works in Magnussen's security.

Natalie and Maxine burst through the door, looking both relieved and worried. Maxine recently dyed her hair. Her hair is more contrasted, therefore she doesn't use one bottle but possibly 3. There's no other way she could get that crimson red colour. Natalie on the other hand, hasn't dyed her for a while. The tinge of red is still in her hair but it's gone back to her normal brown colour. Natalie isn't awake yet sleep-deprived. She hasn't had her dose of caffeine yet.

"She messaged me" Natalie panted.

"What? When?" I said, getting up.

"Last week"

"Last we-? Why are you telling me now?!"

"Because she told us to" Maxine blatantly stated, folding her arms.

"Oh. What did she say?"

'Alex Moriarty:

Goodbye for now, don't tell him I'm gone. Not until after a week. Love always xx

-Alex J Moriarty'

"Since when does she sign with 'Alex J Moriarty'?"

"Probably reminding you of her brother" Maxine smiled, then turned on heel and left and Natalie followed her out.

ALEX'S POV: (Back to present)

I decided it'd be John that I'd ring. "John?" I whisper nervously into the phone, I'm hoping it won't be Sherlock, I don't think I could handle talking to him. I just.. Miss him so much..

"Alex? Oh thank God you called now. Alex, he's been shot"

"Wh- Sherlock has?! Oh God.. Ho- S-Should I come back?"

"Yeah, I think you should"

"Alright, I'll try and get a flight"

I packed what little things I had with me and hugged Dad and Jim goodbye. "I'll try and come back as soon as I can". Jim wiped a stray tear away and I had to laugh. "You're such a sissy"

"You be quiet" Jim tried to sound angry, but he was trying not to cry.

"Love you, darling" Dad called as I got into the taxi.

"Love you too"

----------------

~At the hospital~

"He can see you now" A nurse told me. I got up as quickly as I could and rushed to his room, clutching his coat. I'd chucked on his coat before I came. I came to a halt at the door and knocked hesitantly. He looked up and what I think was relief flushed his face. He immediately straightened the bed up so he was upright. I slowly opened the door and when I saw him I got choked up.

"Look at you..." I whined. "What did you get yourself into, love?" I wiped the tears away and kissed him on the forehead.

"Alex, I am so sorry I had betrayed you and made you think Janine was- yeah but I was only with her so I could stop someone"

"And you ended up getting a cap popped in your gut" I laughed sadly.

"You could put it like that," He said, smiling the best he could. "Can you forgive me?"

"Of course I will. Next time you need to hook up with someone for work, tell me first" I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"How do you forgive people so often?" He asked.

"I dunno. I'm just one of those mushy people" I replied, shrugging. He smiled and kissed me.

"I love you so much. I hope you know that"

"I hope you know it too"

"Of course"

----------------

6.1K WOOO PARTAY TIME WOOOOO ILY GUYS SO MUCH XOXOXOXOXOX *COMES AND KISSES YOU ON THE CHEEK AND CUDDLES YOU* JUST SO GORGEOUS JUST LOVE YOU TO BITS XOXOXOX