Chapter 19: Merry Christmas!!

Heeeeeeeeey guuuuuuuuuuuys :) Here's the Christmas chapter!! Hope you enjoy! I have been discussing this with THE Natalie Holden and we have ideas...

Alex's POV:

We had a lovely Christmas together, especially Sherlock and I. Sherlock took me to see Coriolanus when it was at the Donmar Warehouse AND I got to meet Tom Hiddleston and Hadley Fraser.. Oh Sherlock and his connections. Natalie and I of course gave each other book vouchers. Maxine gave me a skull print on a canvas, like the one in 221B, except a little bit more...deep. I gave her KFC. I gave Sherlock a new red scarf and I gave John a hedgehog sweater. Mrs Hudson cooked us a absolutely stupendous Christmas lunch and dinner. And someone kissed me under the mistletoe "For an experiment" he claims.

It was a little bit after Christmas and once again, Jim had invited me out to lunch. I had on my usual work clothes, the black slacks, electric blue dress shirt and my lab coat.

"How was Christmas?" Jim asked, picking at his lunch and repeatedly checking his phone.

"Expecting a call?" I ask instead of answer , glancing from him to his phone.

"Oh no, no, just-" Jim was rambling until his phone cut him off. He grabbed it quickly and smiled as he replied.

"Jim.. Who are you texting?"

"Um.. Dad, I'm texting Dad" He replied, not looking up.

"Ah. I didn't know he knew how to text let alone OWN a mobile," I remark sharply, not breaking my eye contact. Jim looked up and looked anxious. I smirk and look down to the table. "So.. How was Christmas?".

"Uh... I need to duck to the loo, I'll be back in a tick" Jim said, excusing himself and running off to the bathrooms.. but leaving his phone behind. It chimed merrily to the Bee Gees and I pulled it over to me.

'1 new message: Natalie Holden:

So I'll see you around 7:30 for dinner? xx'

You. Are. Kidding. Me.

I see Jim walk out and I give him a look of utmost disappointment. I cast his phone across the table and grab my lab coat and storm out of the restaurant. I pace out the front of the restaurant and Jim comes out after me.

"Oh my God, Alex, I-I-I-" He stammers until I go ballistic.

"SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND!!!! SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND!!!!!! YOU ARE SEEING MY BEST FRIEND!!!" I scream at him. My famous Moriarty temper is coming out.

"THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO, ALEX!! THEY SEE EACH OTHER!!" Jim roared back, causing heads to turn but neither of us cared.

"YOU DON'T- GO AND SEE- YOUR LITTLE SISTER'S- BEST FRIENDS" I screamed back, clenching my fists. Jim didn't have a reply for my cold comeback, so he just gave me a sorry look.

"Al, love, I'm sorry, please-" Jim tried to plead until I silenced him.

"SAVE IT. I DO NOT WANT. TO HEAR IT" I growl to him, storming off in the other direction. I turned the corner and pulled out my phone as I walked. If I needed a person to find something out for me, he'd be the one...

SHERLOCK'S POV

I sat at the table, writing up about a case seeing as John was doing something else. My phone buzzed and I really couldn't be bothered answering. It rang then it hung up. It then rang again and I let it go to voicemail and I heard Alex's voice. Distressed. Miserable. Anxious and furious.

"Sherlock, PLEASE ring me back, I really need to talk to you. Please, please, PLEASE answer me!!"

I snatched up my phone and called her. "What's the matter?"