Chapter 27: His Birthday...

Hallloooooooo oh ma gawd my people, my childrens, i have 14k reads i may have fangirled at school when i checked it and the teacher gave me a weird look but 14k OMGOMGOMGOMG WOOOO *hugs everyone and everything and hands out cucumbers and anything you want* WOOOO *drunk giraffe dances off into the sunset*

Alex's POV:

So, it's finally his birthday! I've let him stay in his room for a bit and I've asked some of our peoples to come around, even Mycroft's coming. "Knock knock, birthday boy" I whisper to his door.

"Is it my date of entering the universe today?" He replied as I walked in. I had a present behind my back and I walked in smiling. He smirked and tried to see what I was hiding. "What have you got there?"

"Me? I haven't got anything" I replied, feigning innocence.

"Alex, don't try and trick me, you know I'm much too clever for that" He told me as if I didn't know, shaking his head. He was still in bed, his hair everywhere and he was still half asleep physically, but intellectually awake. I growled in defeat and trudged over to him. He was quite proud of himself that he'd made me grumpy.

"Oh be happy, it's my Date-Of-Entering-the-Universe Day!" He convincingly whined.

"Nice name for your birthday" I replied.

"Mhm, now what did you get me, how have you attempted to please me, peasant?" He asked softly, moving over so I could sit near him. I slowly pulled up the large case. He looked at me in utter disbelief. "A new violin?" He said, carefully unclipping the locks on the case and lifting the lid. He inhaled in surprise and just studied it. He was probably working out when it was made, what type it was etc.

"It's beautiful!" He smiled as he gently took it out. "It's made of mahogany! It's difficult to find the right pieces of the tree to make the violin, you know" He smiled as he studied it. "Where did you get this?"

"I don't tell my secrets, child" I tutted him before chuckling at his joy.

"Thank you, I truly thank you" He smiled, pecking me on the cheek. "Oh, I think you'd better tend to our guests, I assume Mrs Hudson's already drinking the champagne" he added.

"Wait- How did you know everyone was here?!" I exclaimed, a bit grumpy that he'd figured it out. They'd pretty much stayed quiet or I'm poor of hearing.

"I'm clever, my darling," He said, tapping me on the nose before getting up to go have a shower and get ready. I growled angrily and shoved my head into one of his pillows and I heard him chuckle. I inhaled and jumped under his blankets. His bed is so comfy. I could just.. fall asleep.

---

"Wake up, you lousy peasant" Sherlock demanded as prodded me.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologised, chucking the sheets off of me. I fell asleep on his birthday! How long have I been asleep for?

"Stop worrying, everyone's still here, come on" He assured me. I got up and rubbed my eyes and wandered out after him. Everyone cheered 'happy birthday!' and Mrs Hudson had most definitely gotten into the champagne, because she was kissing Sherlock on the cheek and rambling about how much he's grown. He stood there and took it as you'd imagine he would; trying to ignore that she was blubbering, rolling his eyes and trying to 'politely' make her go away by suggesting that she made tea.

I chuckled softly and hid my smile behind my hand as I went and sat on the lounge. Sherlock looked to me and rolled his eyes and I shrugged. I pulled out my phone and texted him

'I have more presents, but you'll get them as you progress through the day xxx ily birthday boy'

A couple of seconds later, I got a reply.