Chapter 13: May I Go Now?

A/N: OHMYGAWSH 1K+ READS I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN I THOUGHT IT'D JUST BE ONE OF THOSE STORIES THAT I WROTE TO GET MY FEELS OUT BUT- OHMYDEADWIZARDGAWSH FANK YOU SO MUCH!!! *throws cookies and chocolate milk in the air* YAAAAAAAAY I LOOOOOVE YOOOOU! -REMI WHO IS SUPA DOOPA HAPPEH!! :DDD

1 month later..

Alex's POV:||:

I sat at a bench in the lab, drumming my fingers on my knees as I was focused on something through my microscope. I heard someone walk in and stand in front of me. "Hello Max" I said without looking up.

"I brought noodles" Maxine sighed, placing a cup on the bench.

"I'm suggesting that it isn't such a good idea having food in a lab. Remember how they always went through that at school? It's a lovely thought though" I replied, smiling but still not looking up from my microscope. I heard her leave the room and chuck the cup of noodles in the bin and come back in.

"So, what are you doing?" She asked, pulling out her phone.

"Seeing what happens when I put alkaline and after blood in a solution sodium chloride" I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nevermind". In that short moment of silence, something crashes through the door and I see out of the corner of my eye, it's Natalie.

"Hi".

"Hey"

My phone buzzed and it was a text from Lestrade

'Please come to Scotland Yard, I need to talk to you

D.I. Lestrade'

I nodded and tidied up, putting everything away and then grabbing my coat and hailing a cab and we all piled into it. "I just got a text from Lestrade. I need to go see him. We can have dinner after" I said to Maxine and Nat and they nodded in agreement and we left the hospital.

"What does he want to see you for?" Natalie asked. I all shrugged and just stayed quiet until we reached Scotland Yard. We walked in and found Lestrade sitting at his desk with a meat pie and a cup of coffee.

"You want to see me?"  I asked flatly.

"Just wanted to see how you were going" He replied with a mouthful of his pie.

"Ok. May we leave?""

"Not just yet, I have something to give you" He said, going to his drawer and pulling something out. He handed me a cheque for a bookstore near Baker Street. He smiled as he did.

"Why are you giving me this? I haven't done anything for you other than accompany Sherlock and John on that case in Scotland but Sherlock did most of that. I just went with him to test samples" I replied, confused.

"I thought you deserved something, seeing how highly John and Sherlock spoke of you" He replied.

"Oh. Ok. Well bye then" I said smiling politely and waving before turning and walking out with Maxine and Natalie following.

"Well that was weird" Natalie said as we got back into the cab. I nodded in agreement and looked at the little slip of paper he had given me.

'ARCHIVE BOOKSTORE

83 Bell Street, Marylebone, London NW1, 6TB

£50'

"Well that's nice isn't it? You can go buy all the score sheets for Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera and that" Natalie smiled. I mumbled back a "yeah" and we hopped out at 221 Baker Street and headed to Paul's for dinner. We slowly trudged home, laughing about the things we'd done in the past week. We arrived back at our flat and got into our pyjamas and started a Disney movie marathon. I was sent to bed early because I was annoying the neighbours with my loud singing. Oh well. That's when I got to thinking as I was lying in bed. Lestrade said John and Sherlock spoke highly of me. Sherlock spoke highly of me? All I did was annoy him. I was singing pretty much the whole time and John was fine with it but Sherlock just glared at me. Not like deduction glare but DEATH glare like 'I'm mentally stabbing you' glare. But why would Sherlock speak highly of me? I racked my brains, trying to think why. Maybe it was because of that deduction I did on the victim. But that sucked.. Seriously sucked. Oh well, I can just ask him tomorrow.

A/N: Hope you guys liked it sorry it was so short and weird, I can't really think of anything-OHMYGAWSH 1K+ READS GUYS AHHHHHHHH :DDDDD I'll try and update when I can I'm just super busy love ya byeee! XOXOX