Chapter 23: The Wedding

A/N: Yo what up so this is John and Mary's wedding chapter so... hope you enjoy xx

Alex's POV:

So.. it's like.. what.. 3 months before the wedding and we've started going shopping for dresses. Because Mary's chosen me as one of her bridesmaids (God help us all), I get to go with her to see her dress. When we arrived there, the woman at the counter looked vaguely familiar. Her red lipstick and blue eye-shadow stood out to me like some obvious clue, Sherlock would be appalled at my stupidity.

"Mary, come to see your dress?" The lady asked and Mary nodded happily. We headed to where the lady had Mary's dress and Mary told me to turn around until she went in the room.

"Did you borrow your clothes from your boyfriend, love?" The lady whispered to me as we walked to the changing rooms, Mary already in one. 'Clothes from my boyfriend?'? I looked down. I must look like Sherlock.. But how..

"How do you know Sherlock?" I asked her. "Wait, I know you, you're Irene Adler! Lovely to finally meet you" I smiled shaking her hand.

"Lovely to meet you too, dear- Oh look! Here comes the bride" She whispered turning me to see Mary. Mary's dress suited her perfectly.

"Mary, you look absolutely beautiful!! My God, you look like Princess Kate when she got married!! You look like a queen!" I babbled running over and taking her hands.

"Oh thank you, Alex. I have a dress for you also. Miss, could you get it for her, please?" Mary asked Ms Adler.

Oh no. Trying on dresses. I'm not confident about this. I hope the dress fits...

Irene brought a dress over and it had a cover on it. "Go on, try it on" Mary smiled. I smiled uncertainly and walked towards the changerooms. I went in and hung the dress on the hook and then unzipped the bag. There was a small note inside and it read:

'My dear Alex,
This is LILAC, NOT purple. I'm sure you'll see the difference.

SH x'

Oh God, he's chosen the dresses? How does he know my size? I slip the dress off its hanger and it's absolutely beautiful. A strapless lilac dress with a flow-ey skirt and a faux-diamond broach on the waistline. Thank the Lord it's high-waisted because they're the only type of dresses that suit me. I slip it on then slowly turn to the mirror at the back of the cubicle and I see myself. I look pretty! I open the door and step out and Mary covers her smile with her hands.

"Oh Alex, you look gorgeous!!" She exclaims. I laugh and I look at myself in the large mirror in the room. I look pretty darn okay, if I do say so myself. Mary and I go and get changed and then head out for morning tea.

We were out for a good 2 hours or so before we'd both headed home.

----------

So... it's a month before the wedding and now everyone's getting on the move about it, even Sherlock's getting stressed. He's started YouTubing how to fold napkins. Oh dear...

I headed back down to my flat and Maxine walked out of the bathroom, her hair wet from washing it after putting in her usual 3 bottles of fire engine red hair dye. "How's your hair, Ariel?" I asked her, heading over to the fridge.

"I'm thinking of wearing my Ariel dress to the wedding" She said, wrapping her hair up in a towel to dry it.

"Which one, you have like 5" I replied, turning back to her with a ginger beer in my hand.

"The white, black and blue one"

"That'd be nice," I smiled and walked to the loungeroom, stopping beside her to say "But you won't be a mermaid and you NEVER WILL BE".