Chapter 26: Christmas at the Holmes'

Aye der so this will be cute and possibly heart wrenching so idk love ya

Alex's POV:

----------------

So.. It's Christmas, it's come so fast this year! Maxine's having Christmas with Greg and his family (I thought that was a bit cute), Nat's having Christmas with her family in Ireland, she'd never mentioned anything about Jim so I don't know about that, meanwhile.. I get to spend Christmas at the Holmes'! With John, Mary, Sherlock and Mycroft. I'm actually a bit nervous because.. it's Sherlock's parents. I haven't met them before. I decided that I'd wear Sherlock's jewellery that he'd gotten me for my birthday last year. I mean I'm pretty much always wearing it but y'know. I'm going to his parents place so I thought I'd.. yeah.

I was sitting at the dinner table, Mycroft opposite me. I was slouching a little (yeah, yeah, not very lady-like) until I was jolted out of my unlady-likeness by Mycroft flicking me on the arm. "Yes?". He looked to me then flicked his eyes towards his mother who was babbling away while she was washing up.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Holmes, did you say something? I'm afraid I'd zoned out" I apologised, quickly sitting up and beginning to stand.

"No, no, dear, I was just asking Mike about how you and Sherlock met" She smiled.

" 'Mike'? Who's Mike?" I looked around, confused. Maybe I'd missed something while I was zoned out.

"She means me, but she can't manage to struggle out the name she gave me" Mycroft answered coldly, giving me a look to say 'unbelievable'.

"Oh, no need to get your pants in a twist," Mrs Holmes tutted, turning back to the sink. "So how did you and Sherlock meet, dear?"

"Um.. well we met in a morgue believe it or not" I laughed, straightening up. Mrs Holmes was nothing like Sherlock. She was very cheery. And Mr Holmes the senior was just a crack-up.

"Oh, then you're a perfect match for him," She smiled. "Does he play his violin for you?"

"Oh yes, I love stage shows and musicals, so when he wants to spoil me he plays a couple of songs from the ones I favour"

"Oh! Mr Holmes, Mike-"

"MYCROFT. MY NAME IS MYCROFT"

"Very well. Mr Holmes, Mycroft and I went to see Les Mis the other week!" Mrs Holmes added cheerily.

"Sherlock, you never told me your parents went to Les Mis!," I growled to him as he walked into the room. He stopped in the doorway and he knew he was in trouble by the way he was looking at me and then he turned quickly and left. I sighed and turned back to drumming my fingers on the table. "I'm going for a walk, I'll be back before dinner"

"Alright, dear" Mrs Holmes said as I walked out the door. I inhaled deeply as I walked down the footpath from the house to the road.

"Do you mind if I join you, Miss?" An elderly but still spry voice asked from behind me.

"Yeah! It'd be my pleasure Mr Holmes!" I replied stepping to one side so he could walk beside me.

"Sherlock's kept you very much a secret, maybe a Christmas present to his mother?" Mr Holmes said, pulling a cheeky smile that very much resembled Sherlock's.

"Maybe" I replied smiling.

"I'm glad he chose you out of all the girls his mother tried to set him up with," He said very non-chalantly. "He never wanted a girlfriend.. But now it seems as though he has one! And I'm very glad that you chose him"

"He can be very charming when he wants to be" I chuckled, scratching my wrist absent-mindedly.

"Oh yes, he gets that from me," Mr Holmes laughed "He gets his stubbornness from his mother" He whispered and looked around as if she'd been standing there. "Miss Alex, I'd be very proud and happy to be your in-law. Not only because you're the only one that gets my sense of humour but because you're perfect for Sherlock".