Chapter 14

(Your pov)

You and Kaneki splashed around in the ocean awhile longer before both of you finally got tired and decided to take a break.

Kaneki wrapped his arms around you and rolled around in the sand, which made you laugh.

"Look what you did, you baka" you said to him while flicking his nose.

"Owwww." He said and made a pouty face "you broke my heart" he said in a little kid voice and you laughed and kissed his check before quickly standing up and yelling over your shoulder "last one to the road is a rotten egg!"

"Hey that's cheating" he yelled after you as you continued to run.

While you were running, you accidentally slipped on a soccer ball, which then went flying into someone's face.

You could here kaneki's laughter as you blushed, realizing what you had just done.

"Oh my gosh I am so, so so-" you started to say while walking up to the person only to freeze when you realized who it was.

Standing right there less than 15 feet away from you was your best friend.

Meiko.

(Meiko's pov)

As I sat there reading one of my favorite mangas and thinking about how many times me and (your name) had read it during our sleepovers, a black and white blur hit me I the face.

I nearly fell backwards and then I heard it.

"I am so so so-"

It was (your name's) voice. I would've recognized it anywhere.

I looked up and there she was, looking shocked and with little tears in her eyes.

I'm pretty sure I basically looked the same.

"(Y-your name)" I whispered before jumping up and hugging her.

I cried and I felt her hug me back.

"Your alive" I said with relief

"Y-yeah I am" I heard her say and then sniffle

"Don't you ever scare me like that again, I could kill you for scaring me right now" I said while releasing myself from the hug.

My day has just gotten a hundred times better.

~~~~~~~~
Author's note
~~~~~~~~
I am soooooo sorry for the wait.

Schools  a bitch.

But don't worry I'll update again sometime in the possibly near future.

Thank you guys so much For 1k reads! I couldn't do this without you!

Seriously it would be impossible but anyways bye for now!