Chapter 21

Kaneki stood right in front of you, for the first time in what seemed like years.

His white hair was messy as usual, and he stared at you with his grey eyes almost as if he couldn't belief what he was singing.

Your first instinct was to hug him, so you did, you practically jumped into his arms and squeezed home to death.

Kaneki returned the hug immediately, squeezing you just as tightly, as if he feared you would disappear if he let go.

"What took you so long, baka?" You questioned softly as tears started to form on the corners of your eyes.

"I'm sorry" he said back to you a he held you even tighter than before.

"Mommy, who is he?" Kaede said as he watched the little reunion between you and Kaneki.

You let go of Kaneki and walked over to Kaede, picking him up and cradling him close to you.

"That is your dad" you said while looking at Kaneki who only gave you a questioning glance.

"His name is Kaede,We're gonna adopt him" you directed towards Kaneki who nodded.

"That's perfectly fine with me" he said while walking over to you and kissing your forehead.

"As much as I'd hate to cut our reunion short, we need to get out of here as soon as possible" Kaneki said while grabbing you and carrying you bridal style in his arm as you held on to Kaede.

"Way to state the obvious" you said and then rolled your eyes.

"Really, your gonna use sarcasm now, when we could be attacked at any moment" Kaneki said exasperatedly

You shrugged "it's not my fault that sarcasm is the only language I speak fluently"

Kaneki only sighed and then continued walking until he reached a staircase that led to the roof.

He sat you down, and you in turn sat Kaede down and all of you held hands and made your way up the really creepy, dark ass staircase.

Once you finally reached the top of the staircase, Kaneki broke the door down, and unfortunately you were met by a certain eggplant by the name of Ayato.

"So princess, I see your knight in shining armor has finally come to save you, too bad it won't work out in the end."

"I'll kill you" Kaneki said lowly, the man was practically shaking with rage.

"Ooh, I'm quivering" Ayato said sarcastically "just leave the girl and you can go on your way, I'll even throw the brat into the deal, he's clumsy as fuck anyways."

"No chance In hell in leaving her with you" Kaneki said while glaring so sharply at Ayato, it surprised you that he wasn't a pile of ashes yet.

"Too bad. Idiots like you always make the wrong decisions in the end"

The next thing you knew Kaede was in Ayatos arms squirming to get away.

"Kaede!" You screamed as you ran towards him.

A pair of strong arms encompassed you and you were restricted of movement.

"Let me go!" You screamed as Kaneki held you.

"It's a trap" Kaneki whispered harshly to you.

"I don't fucking care!" You screamed as you struggled to get out of his hold.

"Now then down to business, give me the girl, and you can save your precious little son." Ayato said

"Mommy! Dad! Help me!" Kaede screamed with tears streaming down his face.

"You have ten seconds to make a decision, or the boy will be noting more than a free meal splattered over the sidewalk" Ayato said

"hell no!" Kaneki yelled.

"Well it was your choice" Ayato said as he held Kaede over the concrete.

"No!" You yelled as you finally pulled out of kaneki's arms and ran to Kaede.

You held him tightly to you as you felt the air blowing past your face.

You squeezed him tighter to you as you looked up at the sky, and then slowly closed your eyes.

And all you saw was a void filled with darkness.

-----------------------
I was bored and decided to
Write.

I also just realized that this chapter was exactly 666 words.....illuminati confirmed.