Chapter 16

You sat on the bed in your new room just staring at the ceiling.

You and Kaneki had gotten home from the beach about an hour ago, and after a long and relaxing shower, and takoyaki that you insisted he make for dinner, you were finally ready to sleep.

You were tired enough where your head could hit the pillow and you'd instantly fall asleep.

Or so you had thought.

No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't.

What had happened earlier at the beach kept replaying in your head like a movie on repeat.

-flashback-
You got out of the water and walked towards Meiko and Kaneki with a huge smile on your face.

"You done with your twenty questions yet?" You aske Meiko who smiled at you in return.

"Yup" she said happily, " he passed the test with flying colors, you found a keeper!"

"Well yay for me, but you forgot the part about how much of an egotistical, rude, inconsiderate ass he is" you said with a playful glare in his direction.

"Hey," he said while holding his hands up in surrender "in my defense your hard to handle, I can't keep up with you without being an ass because I have to match your special power of being a spoiled brat" he said while smirking.

"I am not a spoiled brat you jackass!" You yelled in irritation

"I'm your jackass, so you love me anyway" he said smugly which made your face turn a bright red

"Whatever" you muttered softly

"Awwwww! He has to meet Hide!" Meiko squealed before running off to find her orange haired boyfriend.

"Hide?" Kaneki questioned

"Hideyoshi nagachika, her boyfriend" you said in reply.

Kaneki's eyes slightly widened and You looked at him in confusion.

He then picked you up bridal style and ran as far away from the beach as possible.

You ended up on top of a roof downtown.

"W-what's wrong" you asked him softly

But he just shook his head and hugged you.

You were a bit shocked at how he was acting right now.

From what you knew about him, he didn't have a soft side.

Until now.

"Hey (your name)?" He questioned, his voice just above a whisper.

"Yeah?" You answered back

He looked you directly in the eyes and you could see the sadness in them.

On the verge of tears he spoke softly, "let's go home"

You nodded and then he picked you up once again and began the journey home.

-end flashback-
It was really obvious that there was history between Kaneki and Hide.

But you just weren't sure why Kaneki seemed to be ignoring him.

You sighed in defeat as you got up out of the bed.

You knew you weren't going to sleep anytime soon with these thoughts and questions running through your head.

So you walked into the hallway and towards kaneki's room, which you had found out earlier was two doors away from yours, and just a few feet away from the mysterious room with the red door.

He still kept it locked even though he trusted you enough to let you walk around.

It annoyed you to no end and was often the topic of many short and unnecessary arguments between the two of you.

You opened his door slowly hoping not to wake him only to see him awake and reading a book.

"Hey (your name)" he said with a small smirk

"Hi Kaneki" you said softly while blushing.

Damn him and his stupid smirk.

"Did you miss my abs too much so you came to see them one last time before you went to sleep?" He questioned playfully.

"You have abs?" You questioned sarcastically

He pouted playfully in response.

Well, he was definitely back to normal.

"Well what did you come here for?" He questioned

You blushed before responding "I-i couldn't sleep"

"Huh? What was that?" He said with another smirk on his face.

You grew irritated and yelled "I COULDNT SLEEP YOU ASS!"

He set his boom down and held out his arms so you could cuddle.

You were freezing so you immediately went into his arms.

"Awww did (your name) want to cuddle?" He said playfully.

You punched Him in the shoulder.

"Urusai, baka" you responded.

He kissed your forehead and you yawned one last time before falling asleep in your boyfriends arms.