Alternative Ending: Hide

So I know I said I would do a sequel  but I'm really considering not doing it because sequels never get as much support as the first book so we'll see.

Anyways way back in like chapter 30 I said i'd do alternate endings and the person I got the most requests for was Hide, so here it goes.

If you want more of these endings, just let me know.
--------------------------
You heard the sound of gunshots, but seeing as you were still strapped to the table you couldnt look to see what direction they were coming from.

You grew frightened at the thought that whoever was shooting was here to kill you, and you attempted to wiggle your way out of the straps that held you to the table.

The door burst open, and someone walked in. Their bright orange hair was strangely familiar to you, but you refused to let your guard down even though you had a feeling he was someone you knew.

He walked over and began to untie the straps and you started screaming and kicking on instinct.

"H-hey, (Y/n) calm down its just me" he said with a concerned look on your face.

"Who's (Y/n)?" You questioned in confusion. The look on his face matched yours for a moment before it shifted to one of realization.

"They tortured you and you lost your memories...." He said with a pained expression on his face.

He turned back to you and picked you up bridal style before walking toward the exit.

"Don't worry (Y/n), the CCG will protect you.... I will protect you. Just sleep for now and everything will be better when you wake up"

Once the words were out of his mouth you began to feel the effects of exhaustion on your body, and eventually you let yourself succumb to sleep.
----------------------
When you woke up you were in a room that was completely white, there was also a loud beeping noise.

There was a girl in the chair next to you and once she saw that your eyes were opened she quickly ran over to your bed and gave you a hug.

"Thank god you're awake" the girl said with tears in her eyes.

"M-Meiko?" You said softly and the girl let out a relieved sigh

"You remember me! The doctor said some of your memories would come back while you slept. How much do you remember?"

"I remember leaving your house at night and I think I was kidnapped... But I can't remember the person who did it. The only memory I have after that is of a little boy named kaede"

Meiko nodded, " The CCG thought it would be best to remove any memories that were ghoul related"

For some reason as she said those words you felt as though you should be angry, but you quickly dismissed that feeling.

"Anyways, your lucky Hide found you when he did... He really loves you, ya know."

Your facial expression turned into one of shock as you heard that " why would you say that! He's your boyfriend!"

Meiko rolled her eyes at you " I knew you were dense but come on... Me and Hide were just pretending to date to make you jealous"

"Seriously?" You questioned

" yeah, the poor boy has liked you since middle school and you were just way to dense-"

A knock on the door interrupted her and when she turned to see who it was a small smile appeared on her face. " I'll give you guys some time to talk"

She then went to the door, let Hide in and then left.

By the blush on his face you could tell he knew that you knew about his crush on you.

"Did she tell you?" He asked softly.

You nodded in response.

He sighed and sat down in the chair that was directly beside your bed.

"I'm sorry I never told you its just that I thought you were way out of my  league and I didn't know how to tell-"

He was suddenly silenced by the pressure of your lips on his, the kiss only lasted a few seconds but it was long enough to make him sure of your feelings.

"Whoa" was the only thing he could say after that and his dazed expression made you laugh.

"I love you too" you said to him and he smiled so bright he could have been the sun.

The rest of the day you spent talking about how you and Kaede were going to move in with him, with him bashedly admitting that he would have to clean his house first.

And as you fell asleep he couldnt help but think about how one day, he would gather enough courage to ask you to marry him.