Good News

Don't skip this chapter, there is story after my seemingly endless author's note.

   Before I start, please nominate my favorite author @sushikitty for the fiction awards for her Levi x reader story. And sushikitty if you read this, just know I love your book.

Well this is long over due, but good news. I'm not freaking dead!!! I got a new phone and life is back to normal again.

I kinda still want to murder the person who stole my phone in the first place, but I'll worry about that another time.

You guys don't know how much I love you for putting up with all of my late ass updates over the whole two years it took me to finish this book. Thanks for all the reads! Would've said the number but every time I say the number it goes up and I have to go back and edit and I'm super lazy.

Anyways, time for the good news....
This chapter is the epilouge which means I wrote shit tons of fluffy pancake story for you people to read.

The sequel will be out by the end of the week, it's probably gonna have a sucky cover until I stop being lazy and make one for it.

But anyways without further a do, I bring you the epilogue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was a good day. You and Kankei had spent all day flipping through photo albums to help refresh your memories.

You could remember most things, but your life before Kaneki had been completely lost to you, the only exception being Mekio and Hide.
Little Kaede had grown up quite a bit and he was a ten year old now.

He was a really good child, and as much as Kaneki loathed it he was an absolute mommy's boy.

Your white haired boyfriend was often seen sulking at the cute moments you and your son shared. He would never admit it but he was definitely jealous.

You and Kaede both knew about Kaneki's jealous nature, and often did cute things just to annoy him.

Right now for instance, the two of you sat doing Kaede's homework. The poor boy had been in his from for an hour trying to write an English paper that was due first thing in the morning.

Seeing that Japanese, and not English was his first language, the poor boy struggled quite a bit.

English homework aside, about five minutes ago you had noticed your husband staring at the two of you, with jealousy appearing obvious in his eyes.

So you and Kaede shared a look, which you both understood, and decided to mess with the poor man.

"Mommy, I can't do it"

Kaede looked up at you with fake tears in his eyes and they looked so real that your reaction didn't even need to be faked.

Immediately you took your son and put him on your lap, and kissed his forehead.

"Of course you can, all you have to do is try, and if you still can't do it, then I'll always be here to do it for you"

The young boys eyes sparkled as he looked at you with big Grey eyes. " so if my homework is too hard, You'll do it for me?"

You sweatdropped and laughed quietly. "In your dreams kid, I never even did my own homework so I'm damn sure not doing yours, but nice try though"

Kaede just sighed and shrugged his shoulders "it was worth a shot"

Kaneki watched the whole interaction and walked over as soon as Kaede was done speaking.

"Thats why I'm the better parent, because unlike mommy I'll do the homework for you and even buy you ice cream afterwards just because you tried."

"Really!?!" Kaede said with hopeful eyes.

Before Kaneki could even respond you cut him off.

"No! Of course not, he's only joking"

Kaede started pouring, and when you looked away because you got a text message Kaneki mouthed "I was dead serious" and Kaede had a smile once again.

Kaneki noticed that you were now smiling to your phone and grew curious.

"Why are you grinning like an idiot."

"Shut up, and Meiko and Hide are engaged now" you said excitedly. " we were just talking about color schemes"

As soon as the word 'engaged' came out of your mouth Kaneki became hyper aware of the small box that was in the back pocket of his jeans. His palms grew sweaty and he chuckled softly to rid himself of his sudden nervousness.

"Oh really? That's great" he said.

"Yeah I know right?" You said back, your smile never leaving your face. " anyways, I'm tired we should go to sleep"

Kaneki nodded and agreed.

And as you both laid down he sighed, and decided that he'd ask you another day, and how happy he was that he had you back.