Chapter 29

Days seemed to go by in a blur for you and your family.

The only problem was the secrecy that surrounded Kaneki. You'd think that now that you two had a child and were a family, he would've at least told you what was behind that red door....

It annoyed you to no end that he knew absolutely everything there was to know about you, but you still knew next to nothing about him. Today was the day you planned to change that.

You noticed that recently Kaneki left every Thursday around 9pm to go do something. Everytime you asked him what he was doing he instantly told you that he was going to go eat, which you knew was a lie because ghouls only have to eat once a month.

You just hoped he wasn't doing anything stupid to protect you and Kaede, he had already explained to you why he'd joined Aogiri Tree in the first place after you bugged him constantly. Doing something like that would hardly be beneficial or useful, seeing as you have no job and have a son to look after.

You planned to leave Kaede with Mayami, you had already called her earlier  explained why you and Kaneki had left the beach so suddenly that day, minus the ghoul parts of course, and you also updated her on Kaede and she was fine with it.

In fact she was more than fine with it, her exact words were "Oh my goodness! I get to dress him up as Levi and call him shorty! I can even make him hold the plushie and compare their heights, OH MY FRECKELED JESUS INSTAGRAM IS ABOUT TO GET SPAMMED!"

Yeah... She's weird.

Currently you were packing Kaede a backpack of clothes, even though you knew he wouldn't need them because Mayami was gonna buy him cosplay pajamas.

It was currently 8:02, you planned to leave within the next five minutes or so, you told Kaneki that you'd be going grocery shopping and that it might be a while.

He of course agreed, seeing as he wanted to leave anyway. But you were positive that he would never suspect you to follow him.

You figured it would take you about 20 minutes to drop off Kaede and that would leave you just enough time to follow Kaneki, plus a bit of time leftover as a precaution due to his speed and the possibility of him leaving earlier than usual.

You were hoping that he'd travel at a human pace so that following him wouldn't be that difficult.

You were going to get to the bottom of these enigmas, and you were going to do it now.