Chapter 35

Kaneki removed the restraints that bound you to the table before removing the hand that covered your mouth.

"W-who are you? Where am I?....... Who am I?!?" You questioned loudly as soon as Kaneki took his hands off of your mouth.

Kaede's eyes widened in shock and tears gathered in his eyes.

"M-mommy what are you talking about, d-do you not remember us?" The little boy questioned softly.

You could see the raw sadness in his eyes and it nearly broke your heart, but you knew that you had to tell the truth.

"I'm sorry....I have no idea who either of you are.." You said while shaking your head.

The little boy let out a whimper of helplessness, and the boy who looked to be your age wrapped an arm around him to comfort him.

"Daddy... Mommy doesn't remember us.." The small child began sobbing,"what are we gonna do now"

Seeing the little boy cry made you spur into action, and without a second of processing you got up from where you were and hugged him close to you.

He sobbed into your shoulder and you held him tighter before looking up at Kaneki.

Kaneki looked at you with a grateful expression and he cracked a small smile, "he always was a Mommas boy"

"What is my name?" You asked softly

His smile fell and he took on a more grim expression.

"Oh right. I forgot that you lost your memories...your name is (Your name)"

The name he uttered clicked  in your brain, and you could instantly tell  that it fit you.

The small child in your arms had stopped sobbing, and you looked into his face with a smile.

"And what's your name sweetie?"

"I-I'm Kaede" he said softly, he was still a bit sad and shocked that you didn't remember him, but he was way more happy that you weren't dead.

"And who are you?" You finally asked the white haired male that stood a few feet away watching you interact with Kaede.

"I'm Kaneki" he said simply.

And as you stared into his face the world seemed as though it stopped and you knew that you were exactly where you were supposed to be.

Even if you didn't have any of your memories.

-the end-