Forgot the I.D.

1989

I slipped the random tshirt over my head. I looked at the mirror and realized it was my sister's old, torn and faded Mötley Crüe tshirt from '85. I ran my fingers through my boring hair and walked out of my room.

"Be back by midnight. I'm glad you're making friends, Cassidy." My mom smiled from her chair. She was watching Dynasty and drinking her nightly martini.

"I will. Thanks, Mom." I quickly said. I tied my sneakers and opened the front door to leave.

So, I'll clear some things up. I'm 18. I live in The Valley, and I have two months until I graduate. And tonight, I lied (again) to my mom and told her that I was going to a friend's house in Pasadena. Well, now that I think about it, it's not exactly lying. I'm meeting my sister, Danny, at her house in Pasadena, then we're going down to The Strip to hang out.

*****
I knocked on Danny's door and was greeted by her boyfriend, Ryan. He made that dorky smile and opened the door.

"Oi, Dan, you're sister's here." He called out. I saw her blonde hair run into the room with a big smile.

"Cassidy! You made it!" She gave me a bone crushing hug and kissed my cheek sloppily. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too." I laughed. Ryan looked at us and smiled. He then walked into the kitchen, leaving us alone to talk.

"Did Mom let you go easily?" She put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic smile. I scoffed.

"It took a little assuring. I told her that I made a few friends and we were just gonna hang out." I shrugged.

"Did she give you a curfew?" She had a timid look. I nodded with hesitation. Danny threw her hands into the air and groaned. She rubbed her eyes and sighed after.

"What? She said it was midnight. It's only 8 right now." I tried to calm Danny down.

"Well, since I know you, you've never done anything like this." Dandy chuckled. I held my hand to my heart to mock that I'm insulted. "She doesn't trust you that much." Danny groaned. I nodded and rolled my eyes.

"Dan, forget about it. Let's just go out and meet the others." Ryan interrupted. Danny sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Okay." She muttered. She pulled on her legendary denim jacket and we all walked out of her house.

"Where are we planning on going tonight?" I asked as we all piled into Ryan's car.

"We're meeting the others at The Cat Club, then we'll see how it goes from there." Danny spoke. I nodded and stared at my hands in my lap.

I had a slight feeling that I knew who "the others" were. Danny rarely talks about Ryan on the phone, but it's no secret that her boyfriend is the Ryan Percy from Ashes Of Angst. I knew that Danny met him while she was on an assignment to interview the band.

We pulled up to The Cat Club and Ryan easily got us in. It was dark, loud, and fucking crazy. Every decadence you could imagine covered every inch of the club's main room.

"I think they're in the back." Ryan yelled over the loud music. Danny and I both nodded, and continued to follow Ryan.

"Ryan, Danny! What's up!" The table yelled. Ryan linked his hands into Danny's and they smiled.

"Hey guys! This is Danny's sister, Cassidy." Ryan introduced. "Cassidy, this is Ashes Of Angst, and 4/5ths of Guns N' Roses. Where the fucks Steven?" Ryan asked as we sat down in the booth. Danny was next to me on my left, while the "Queen of Metal" (what Rolling Stone calls her) Kylie Peters-Hudson was on my right.

"Do you drink?" Ryan asked. My face reddened and I looked up to Danny.

"Did you bring the fake ID I made you?" Danny whispered. I panicked and checked my pockets. Shit.

"Fuck, I left it in my other pants. No, Ryan. I'm good." I groaned. Izzy Stradlin looked at me from under his greasy black hair and scoffed while he smoked on a cigarette.

"So, there's this girl I met while I was leaving Santa Monica this afternoon." Kylie started. "She was freaking out because she said she lost her best friend. So I said 'Well, do you think she ditched you?' And she looked around and began to cry. By this point I'm getting pissed, because I had to be at the studio by 3:30 and it was already 2. She said 'She ran off with a guy who had drugs.' I rolled my eyes and helped her find her damn friend. And you know where I found her? She was in the damn bathroom. I swear, I don't get paid enough." She groaned. Kylie lit a cigarette and took a sip of her Jack Daniels. I looked around the table at everyone laughing and caught eyes with Guns N' Roses bassist, Duff Mckagan. He smirked and took a sip of his vodka. I shyly smiled back and looked back at Kylie.

*****
"Okay. Little Cassidy has a curfew and I got to get her back so she can graduate on time." Danny teased while she tried to pinch my cheeks.

"Fuck off." I yelled while I slapped her hands away. I stood up and pulled my jacket on.

"Hey Ryan! Do you mind if I ride with you? I'm gonna call it a night too." Duff called out. Ryan nodded happily and we all walked out of The Cat House.

I opened the passenger door and climbed in after Duff. Danny and Ryan were in their own little world as the Sunset Strip zoomed passed by us.

"So, was tonight your first time on The Strip?" Duff asked. I looked over and shook my head no.

"Nah. I've been down here a few times just to get away from my home life. It's a great relief." I quietly replied. Duff nodded as he looked into my eyes.

"Yeah, it is." He quietly muttered. He then began to search for a piece of paper. I helped him out by quickly grabbing Danny's notepad that lived under the passenger seat.

"Thanks." He smiled. I smiled back and continued to watch him. The way he moved, he was so agile. So quick but somewhat graceful. "Here's my number. Call me if you ever need a rescue, we live somewhat close." He handed me the piece of paper and my face slightly reddened. I smirked.

"I think I live in a different world." I muttered. He chuckled and looked down at the floor and back at me.

Ryan pulled up to my house and all of the lights were turned off. I swore under my breath.

"Cass, just climb the porch roof and open your window. I've been able to do it." Danny ordered. I thanked her and got out of the car.

"Thanks for tonight, guys." Was the last thing I said before I shut the door to sneak back into my house.