Carmen

August 4th 1989

"Excuse me miss? We've landed." The stewardess shook me awake lightly. My eyes fluttered open and I looked around. The sky was grey and the ground seemed damp.

"Thank you." I lightly smiled.

I got off of the plane and walked through the airport. I came down the escalator and saw a man in a suit standing there with a sign that said 'Cassidy Ryder.'

"God dammit, Duff." I muttered under my breath. I cautiously walked up to the man.

"I'm Cassidy Ryder." I smiled politely. The man smiled and put the sign down.

"Hello. I'm Archie, your driver for today." He held out his hand for be to shake.

"Nice to me you." I happily shook it.

"Likewise." He flashed a toothy grin and picked up one of my bags. "I must say, your boyfriend is very caring." He stated. I giggled and picked up the other bag.

"Yeah, he has that quality about him." I muttered with a smile.

We walked out of the airport and Archie scampered over to a very expensive looking car.

"Oh god." I whispered. Archie opened the trunk and placed my suitcase in with care.

"I'll take that for you, Cassidy." He smiled. I handed him the other bag and he happily placed it next to the other. He shut the trunk and began to walk over to the drivers side. Archie opened the door and I got in.

Inside, the car had leather seats, and a luxurious wooden interior.

"Wow." I whispered.

*****
"My god, I think it took me at least 15 minuets to get through that hallway." A girl muttered. I turned around and saw a girl with olive colored skin and black curly hair. Her lips were plump and her eyes were huge with brown irises.

"Hi. I'm Carmen, your roommate." She smiled and held out her hand. I smiled back and shook it.

"Hi, I'm Cassidy." I replied. She threw her bags on the unmade bed that was opposite of mine.

"So, I take it you're not from around here?" She smirked. I chuckled and sat on my also unmade bed.

"Yeah. I guess it's that obvious." I muttered. Carmen sat on her bed and crossed her legs. "I'm from Los Angeles." I smiled. Carmen stopped and stared.

"Really? What's it like there?" Carmen, now mesmerized, asked with stars in her eyes.

"Crazy. It's all party, party, party." I pushed back and sat against the wall with my feet hanging off of the side.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She dreamily asked. That's where I stuttered a tiny bit. What do I say? 'Yeah, and he's Duff Mckagan from Guns N' Roses!' I didn't think so.

"Yeah. His name is Michael." That's better. Use his real name. "We're trying out long distance. What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?" I explained. Carmen shyly smiled and shook her head.

"I had things over the summer with a guy from the country side, but I had to break it off for school." She smirked. "His name was James."

Carmen and I talked for hours. I was glad to know that I became friends with someone in a complete foreign country. Carmen was super cool. She had excellent taste in music. She was into The Doors, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, The Stooges, Queen, and of course, Led Zeppelin. She had posters on her side of the room of all of these rock gods, and she was happy to share and decorate my side too.

"Can you help me put some of my records away?" She asked politely. I nodded and began to look through some. I picked up some and as It was  grabbed them, Appetite For Destruction showed up from underneath. I smiled slightly, and walked over to her turntable.

"Appetite For Destruction? I love that album." I smiled. Carmen turned around and beamed.

"Me too. I love Guns N' Roses."

"Do you like Ashes Of Angst?" You can't blame me. I was curious.

"Oh my god, yes! I've been in love with them lately!" She almost yelled.

"Well just wait, honey. The guitarist is most likely to become my brother-in-law." I thought. I giggled and continued to help her.

"Do you like them?" She asked.

"Yeah. I can't wait for their new album to come out!" I smirked.

"Do you know when it's supposed to come out?" She chirped.

"Around Christmas, I believe." I nodded.

'Oh honey, you have no idea.'

*****
"Do you like it out there?" Duff asked on the other side of the world. I nodded, even though I knew that he couldn't see me.

"Yeah. It's great. My roommate, Carmen, is super cool. She's a huge GN'R fan." I smiled. Michele was currently down in the library, trying to find some books to read.

"Does she know that you're boyfriend is the sexy bass player?" I could see the cocky smirk in my head and laughed.

"Well, I told her that I have a boyfriend, and that his name is Michael. Does that satisfy you?" I chuckled.

"Well, not necessarily. I mean, you could tell her that it's actually Duff McKagan. But I guess she could find out sooner or later?" He sounded not satisfied at all. But it was a start.

"I guess. What's it like over the pond?" I asked. Duff groaned.

"Fucking boring." He yelled. I could see him sprawled out on the couch with The Sex Pistols playing in the background.

"Why don't you go out to The Cat Club or The Whisky? Get your mind off some things. I know that it's night time there." I suggested.

"It's not the same without you here." He groaned. I sighed and smiled.

"Oh just get over it. I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm happy. There's nothing to worry about. As long as you don't fool around with anyone else, you don't have to worry about me." Duff laughed at me.

"There's nothing to worry about. I wouldn't do that to you." He chirped. I smiled. Just then, Carmen walked in.

"Hey listen, babe. My roommate just walked in. We're going downstairs. I'll call you soon." I sat up from my bed.

"Okay. I love you." He dreamily answered.

"I love you, too. Little fucker." I joked. Duff laughed and hung up as did I.

"Was that Michael?" Carmen asked while she put away her new books.

"Yeah." I smiled. Duff's face was burned into my mind. His smile, his eyes, his hair, just everything. His scent still resonated in my nose. The scent of cigarettes, whiskey, and the hint of his cologne.

I'm gonna miss my baby so much.