High In The Air

January 18th 1991

"I'm so excited!" I cheered as I zipped up my suitcase.

"Me too." Duff mimicked. I pulled the case off of the bed and placed it on the floor.

"A week in Rio. It's gonna be great. Annnnd I'll be able to see you perform in front of a gigantic crowd." I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged my boyfriend tightly.

"Don't remind me of the size of the crowd." Duff nervously laughed. I giggled and stood on my tip toes to kiss him.

"You'll be amazing." I smiled.

*****
We got onto this massive plane. That had a fully stocked bar, theater, and 4 staterooms in the back. The decadence was insane, and incredibly hard for me to take in.

I went straight for the bar and grabbed a bottle of Jack.

"Could you get me one too, babe?" Duff asked. I nodded and grabbed a second bottle. I threw it across the room where Duff happily caught it. "Thanks." He winked. I opened the bottle and took a swig.

I walked off and decided to explore the 727 plane.

There was a room with an open door. I opened it a little more and saw a bed. My eyes lit up and I sat down.

"C'mon man. Know one will know." Slash muttered from down the hallway. Duff and Slash entered the room and stopped.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Okay, Cass. Can you keep a secret for us?" Duff asked. He shut the door and locked it.

"What is it?" My eyes narrows and I sat up a little straighter.

"Well, Slash has some crack and other drugs that we really wanna take. And I know that you're clean from drugs now but is it okay?" Duff took my hand. I nodded and they smiled.

"Thanks." Slash muttered. He opened the plastic bag and got out a pipe to smoke it. Duff took out a lighter and lit up. The smoke of the crack traveled through the pipe and into Duff's system. He removed the pipe from his mouth and closed his eyes, where he blew out the smoke.

"Wow, man." He dreamily sighed. My heart began to race and my mouth began to water. It's been a little over 5 months since I quit doing drugs. But, watching people getting high right in front of me, made me miss the days where I'd be the one smoking the crack. It made me miss the high.

"Can I get some?" I finally asked.

"Are you sure?" Slash asked. I shrugged and nodded. Slash hesitated, but gave me the pipe.

I took the lighter and lit the crack on fire. I breathed in the smoke and closed my eyes.

"It's been forever." I whispered while I blew out the smoke. I smiled and took another hit.

Throughout the whole trip to Rio, Slash, Duff and I all had done some experimenting with drugs. I met my old friend cocaine, and good ol' quaaludes again. Slash passed out in another room and I was making out with Duff on the bed.

"You're so hot when you're high." Duff whispered. I giggled and continued to pull at his hair. The only time Duff and I've been high together was in '89 when we just smoked pot together. Smoking crack and snorting cocaine was a whole different experience when it was with Duff.

I pulled off my leather jacket which left me in my jeans and the red crop top. Duff pulled off his denim vest and deepened the kiss. I sat on his lap and pulled his tshirt off. Duff flipped me over so he was on top. I giggled as he ripped my crop top off.

"Cass, do you know where Duff is?" Izzy asked from outside the room. Duff stopped and groaned.

"Wait here." He chuckled. Duff got up and opened the door.

"I'm right here." He laughed. Izzy rolled his eyes.

"Really?" He groaned. I giggled and continued to watch. Duff left the room and went to go tend to Izzy's complaint.

I opened my suitcase and grabbed the album, Pyromania by Def Leppard and placed the record player that we demanded to have in the plane. Rock Rock (Till You Drop) played through the speakers. I laid back down in the bed and emerged myself into the music.

"I'm back!" Duff announced. He held up a bottle of champagne and cheekily smirked.

"Oh, you're a saint." I groaned. He popped open the bottle and took a swig.

"We have an hour and a half before we land." He winked. I took the bottle from his hand and chugged.

"Well, let's get shitfaced and see where that takes us." I smirked. I took another swig and began to kiss Duff's neck.

Duff took the bottle and took several swigs.

"Ah, fuck it." I muttered. I ripped the bottle from his hand and chugged the rest, which was about half full.

"Wanna get to the point, huh?" He winked. I swallowed the bubbly alcohol and threw the bottle to the side.

"Of course." I muttered. Duff placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me passionately.

And that was the first time a plane ride was more eventful than my childhood.