He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

New Years Eve 1989

"Cassidy, we'll be late! Dean is gonna be there and I wanna get to him before that ugly bitch, Ramona does." Carmen impatiently groaned from the door of the dorm.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist." I muttered. I tied my red Chuck Taylors and stood up. I pulled on my black leather jacket and looked in the mirror.

"Since when are you talking like a Brit?" Carmen giggled.

"Carmen, I've been in England for about 6 months now." I laughed. I grabbed my cross body purse and walked over to the door. Carmen opened the door and we walked out together.

"I know, but you're full on American. It's weird." She muttered. I quietly chuckled and continued to walk down the hallway.

*****
"Here." A guy, who I didn't know, said. He handed me a slim stick that was singed on one end. I instantly recognized it as a joint.

I took it and slipped it between my lips and sucked in. The pungent scent filled my senses and I removed the joint. I blew out the smoke and smiled. It's been ages since I've smoked. Carmen and I ran out back in November and we couldn't get any more because we've been so busy.

"What's your name?" The guy asked.

"What's yours?" I smirked. I took another hit of the joint.

"Weston." I recognized the accent to be American. I looked at him finally.

"Cassidy." I replied. We shook hands and continued to watch the party from the balcony.

"So you're American." He tried to start a conversation.

"Yeah. From L.A." I nodded awkwardly.

"Ah. I'm from a small town in Kentucky." I awkwardly smiled and looked back at the party.

"Well Weston, it was great talking to you." I handed him the joint and walked away.

"Wait! I know who you are!" He yelled. I stopped and turned around.

"Wha—" Weston interrupted me and grabbed my arm. He led me down the hallway and into a random room.

"I know who you are. You're Cassidy Ryder. You're dating Duff McKagan from Guns N' Roses. Or at least that's what I think." I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Wait, what?" I leaned on the wall and waited for his answer.

"Don't hate me. But do you want to hear what you might not want to hear?" I nodded. "Duff's been seen with a girl. The same girl several times. Her name is Stephanie or something. She's short, blonde, with these huge tits." He explained. My heart dropped.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I yelled. Weston backed up.

"Cassidy, I'm just telling you're the truth. It's in Rolling Stone." He explained.

"Where's this copy?" I yelled. Weston grabbed my hand and opened the door. He led me back down the hallway, down the stairs, and outside to his car. He opened the door and rummaged through to look for the copy. He got out and handed it to me.

"Page 63." He ordered. I opened the magazine and looked for the page. There he was. My Duff, holding the hand of some blonde with feathered blonde hair and scantily clad in leather and lace.

"Duff McKagan holding the hand of Stephanie Wood as they walk down Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles together." I read outloud. I held my head in my hand as my other hand held onto the magazine. "Oh fuck. She's wearing my fucking Stooges tshirt!" I muttered. I threw the magazine back into the car and sat on the hood of his car. I pulled my knees up to my chest and stared off into the distance.

"I'm sorry, Cassidy." Weston muttered.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked just above a whisper.

"I found out in late November." He whispered. I rubbed my eyes with my hands.

"Fuck. And the last time I talked to him was two weeks ago. He told me he was going to Seattle to spend the holidays with his family." I was on the verge of tears. "Drive me to my dorm, Weston." I cried.

*****
December 31st 1989 11:54 P.M.

"Danny, how long have you kept this from me?" I cried into the phone. Danny sighed.

"Since November. I didn't know what you would do if you found out." Danny explained. I cried even harder.

"Do you know how shitty that is to do to someone? Do you? What if I found out that Ryan was cheating on you and I didn't tell you?!" I yelled.

"Cass, I'm sorry. I don't know what to do about it! Stephanie has him wrapped around her little finger!" She yelled back.

"Danny, calm down. She has the right to be upset." I heard Kylie in the background. Shuffling is what I heard before Kylie spoke.

"Listen, Cass. Duff is a fucking dick. He was my best friend until I saw what he's been doing behind your back. That's a dick move. So now, he's in the doghouse. Don't worry about it, darling. We'll handle it over here. You just worry about school." She sweetly consoled. I let out another cry.

"Thanks." I cried before I hung up the phone.

11:58

I grabbed the needle that was already filled of the dangerous drug. I ripped off my belt and tied it around my arm. I held it with my teeth and slid the needle into the vein.

12:00

I injected the heroin and laid back.

Happy fucking New Years to me.

A/N- I'm updating tonight bc I can't do it tomorrow and early is always better than late, right?