She's A Little Runaway

"Cassidy? Shit. Why're you here? You need to be at school." I heard Danny's panicked voice from a distance. She ripped the blankets off my body and I felt her lightly slapping my face. I opened my eyes and I saw the living room of Slash and Kylie's.

"Oh fuck! I was supposed to drive her home." Duff muttered. I sat up and looked around.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"A little after noon." Danny irritatedly answered.

"Well fuck. I don't feel like going if it's past noon." I lightly chuckled. Danny swore under her breath and Duff smirked as he sat next to me.

"Mom is gonna kill you." Danny muttered. I shrugged.

"Not if I don't go home." I winked. Danny looked at me like I was crazy.

"No. You're gonna go home sooner or later, whether you like it or not." Danny walked away and into the kitchen. I rose an eyebrow as she walked away.

"I highly doubt that." I muttered to Duff. Duff smiled and crossed his legs.

"Well, hang out with a bunch of rockstars, or be at school with a bunch of annoying hormonal kids. Which do you prefer?" He asked. I nodded and chuckled.

"Obviously the first choice." I pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

"C'mon kids! Breakfast is ready!" Danny teased from the kitchen. We stood up.

"It's noon, for fucks sake." Duff yelled as we walked into the kitchen together. The island was a mess, to say the least. It really showed what we did last night. Pizza boxes, bottles of alcohol, and the ashtray had several different butts of cigarettes and joints. But a spot was cleared up for bowls of cereal.

"C'mon kids, let's start the day off right!" Ryan teased while he pinched my cheeks. I proceeded to punch him in the gut lightly.

"Fuck off, Ryan!" I grunted with a laugh. Danny handed me and Duff bowls Lucky Charms and we began to eat away.

*****
"I'll call you." Duff smiled as he dropped me off in front of my house at 3 A.M. I nodded and began to climb up the side of the porch to my bedroom window.

My bedroom light turned on and my shades were pulled back to reveal my very furious mother. She slammed the window open.

"Where the hell have you been?" She furiously asked. "I've been worried sick. I didn't know if you were dead, or kidnapped!" She yelled. She pulled me inside.

"Mom I—"

"No. Let me finish. I was going to call the police! Whe—" She began to sniff. Shit. "I smell pot. Were you smoking marijuana?" She seethed. I stood there frozen.

"Yes." I suddenly got the courage and stood up to Mom.

"Wanna tell me more? Have you been drinking? Having sex?" She crossed her arms.

"I've been drinking. That's it." I placed my hands to my hips. Mom then walked over to my stack of records and grabbed Led Zeppelin IV, she took the record from the cover and threw it at the wall.

"This band promotes drug use, Cassidy. I've heard you listening to it. 'Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.' You are forbidden to listen to rock n roll. You're not leaving this house unless it's for school activities." She then left my room with the slamming of my door. That's when I broke down. I sat on the floor collected all of the shattered pieces of one my favorite band's album.

I crawled over to the phone that sat on my nightstand. I picked up the piece of paper that Duff gave to me when he said, 'Call me when ever you need a rescue.' I punched the number into the phone and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" He happily answered, it made my heart flutter.

"Duff, it's Cassidy. Can you um, can you pick me up? I need a rescue." I lightly cried into the phone. I could hear how tense Duff got at that moment.

"Cassidy. Of course. I'm on my way." He almost yelled. I thanked him quickly and then hung up.

I grabbed a duffle bag that was under my bed. I threw random pieces of clothes into the bag along with other necessities. I wiped a few tears away and opened my window and climbed out.

I heard a car speed around the corner and down the street. Duff was here. He slammed on the breaks and exited the car.

"Are you okay?" He ran up to me and scooped me into his arms. He hugged me tightly and I wanted to stay like that forever. His scent, oh god his scent.

"My mom went off on me. She yelled at me then broke one of my albums. I just can't be here." I cried into his shoulder. He held me there, under the streetlight and rubbing my back.

"I'll take you back to my place. You can stay there if you want." I nodded into his chest.

"Please do." I looked into his eyes.

"There is nothing I wouldn't do for you." He whispered. He took my hand and pulled me over to his car where we sped off.

*****
"I'm sorry about the mess." Duff said as he entered his house. It wasn't really that messy, but I didn't mind one bit.

"It's okay." I whispered. Duff led me upstairs and we entered a bedroom.

"I already have the guest room being used because of Izzy. You could take my room and I'll take the couch." Duff said. I took my duffle bag off and looked at him.

"No. I'll take the couch. It's wrong for me to take your bed. It's your house." I jutted out my hip. Duff shook his head.

"It isn't wrong if I'm offering." He winked. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." I muttered.

"Good night, Cassidy." He kissed my head and left the room. I blushed and smirked a tiny bit.

*****
"Hey Duff, could I use your— whoa." A deep voice interrupted my sleep, but I didn't bother to open my eyes.

"Izzy, hey, shut the fuck up. She's had a rough night." Duff panicked quietly.

"Is that Cassidy? What's she doing here?" Izzy asked. Duff sighed.

"Long story. You can't tell Danny though. She'll take everything the wrong way and think I'm banging her baby sister." Duff muttered.

"I thought you liked her though."

"I do. It's just if I tell her, she'll think I'm creepy because of the age difference, so will everyone else." Izzy laughed quietly.

"It's not that big of a difference. Look at Hugh Hefner. I'm sure you could make it work." I heard Duff sigh.

"I guess." I head the door close and the voices faded away.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked myself.