Ride, I Just Ride

Christmas Eve 1993

"Duff, get the door!" I yelled while I cut the prime rib steak. Duff ran from the living room and to the front door.

"Hey!" Duff happily cheered. I heard footsteps enter the house and the door closed. Kylie, Slash, and their daughter, Salem entered the kitchen together.

"Hey guys!" I put the knives down and went to greet them. I hugged Slash and Kylie and took a long look at Salem. She had a light olive skin tone, Kylie's eyes, and Slash's black curly hair. Her head was resting on Slash's shoulder and she absentmindedly looked around the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas!" Kylie cheered. She handed Duff and I our gifts.

"Thanks, darling." I smiled. I walked into the living room and place the wrapped gifts under the tree.

"Merry Christmas, fuckers." Axl yelled as he sauntered into the house with Jenna under his arm. I giggled and stood up.

"Cassidy! Your baby bump is huge." Jenna's eyes widened and she came over to feel it. I laughed and hugged her.

"Long time, no see, Jen." I whispered. She felt my stomach and got a kick.

"How far along are you?" She asked.

"About 7 months." I nodded. I heard the doorbell go off.

"Come in!" Duff yelled. Entered was Evan and Carmen, who was sporting her engagement ring.

*****
"So, any names for the new addition?" Carmen asked at the table while she stabbed a piece of steak with her fork.

"Well, if it's a boy, Duff likes the name Oliver. And for a girl, we like April." I said with a tiny smirk. Duff looked up and smiled while he took a sip of wine. Just then the doorbell went off.

"Are we expecting anyone else?" Duff whispered. I shrugged.

"I invited Izzy and Audrey, but they said they can't get here in time." I stood up and walked over to the front door. There stood Mom.

"Hello, Cassidy. May I come in?" She politely asked. She was wearing a burgundy blazer and skirt set, black gloves, and her signature black Chanel heels. Her hair was up in a bun, a few grey hairs were poking out, but I must give her credit for still going to the salon to get her hair done. I nodded and opened the door.

"Why're you here?" I asked confused. She slipped off her gloves.

"Well, your sister, Danielle, told me that you were having a party. She gave me your address. I decided to drive over and patch things up in our relationship." She explained. I nodded and I led her over to the staircase to sit down. "I'm sorry for the things I said to you all those years ago. You were just being a teenager. I was worried about you. Danielle has filled me in on your relationship with um... Duff. Danielle has shown me videos of you two together while you were traveling with him and his band. I can see the love you two have for each other, much like your father and I. Also, congratulations on the baby." She smiled. I nodded and hugged her.

"Thank you for coming over." I whispered. She stood up. "Don't you want to stay for dinner?" She contemplated.

"Slash, shut the fuck up!" Evan laughed from the dining room. I closed my eyes and tried to refrain from laughing.

"It's okay. I have my own arrangements at home." She muttered with a hint of disgust.

"Wait! Why didn't Danny come?" I quickly asked before she walked out of the door.

"She said that her friends were no longer her friends. She's happily passing them down to you." She smiled while she put a hand on my face. "I love you, Cassidy." She sweetly smiled before kissing my cheek.