The Burnt Turkey

"How long as it been?" A smooth, sweet voice with a British accent asked.

"A month." A more tired, strained, and deep voice muttered. Someone sighed.

"How's Danny taking it?" Another voice asked.

"Not well. She's barely focusing on writing."

"Duff, how're you doing?"

Silence. Nothing was said.

"Duff, c'mon. We have to work on this album." A different voice whispered.

"Who gives a fuck about the album?! The love of my life is in a coma!" The same strained voice seethed with venom.

"C'mon everyone. Let's just leave him alone." A calm voice suggested. The door opened and closed after a while later.

"I know you can hear me, Cassidy. Just, please, fight. For Danny, for Carmen..." He paused and I heard his voice crack. "For me." He grabbed onto my hand and kissed it carefully.

I coughed and opened my eyes to see a hospital room. It was bright at first, but my eyes soon adjusted and I saw Duff next to me with disbelief in his eyes.

"Oh my god." He cried. He stood up and ran out of the room. "Guys! Guys c'mere! Nurse! She's awake!" He yelled down the hallway. I weakly smiled. I heard several footsteps walk into the room. I saw all of Ashes Of Angst, Carmen, Slash, Izzy and Axl. But no Danny.

"Oh my god." Carmen whispered. I stiffly sat up and kept that weak smile.

"How're you feelin', darlin?" Axl asked. I shrugged.

"I've been better." I muttered. My voice was deep and raspy. That caused everyone to slightly giggle. "Can someone tell me what happened to me? I know that Duff and I got into an accident, I just can't remember a lot."

"Cass, you had major head trauma, and a stab wound in your chest from a shard of glass. The doctors took it out and you began to fall into a coma. And here you are." Duff explained while he held my hand. "You have a few scars and minor dents on your head, and a scar on your chest." He finished. I nodded silently.

"Okay. Thank you, for being here." I thanked. Everyone nodded with slight smiles.

"We'll always be here." Duff smirked.

So over the course of time, I got stronger. After being in a coma for awhile really has some effects on you. I had to rebuild muscle, and keep an eye on my internal chest area due to the stab wound. According to my doctor, the glass was 3 inches from my heart and 1/2 of a inch from my left lung.

You could say I was lucky.

*****
Thanksgiving  1990

"You ready?" Danny asked. I nodded and grabbed my bag. Ryan, Danny, Carmen, and I walked out of the house together, ready to go to Slash and Kylie's house for Thanksgiving. Don't lie, you know that it's not your mother's Thanksgiving dinner.

"So, a little birdie told me that you're getting friendly with Evan." I wiggled my eyebrows at Carmen as I entered the car. Carmen looked at me with surprised eyes.

"What?! No! You know nothing." She stammered. I rose an eyebrow and giggled.

"Yeah, okay." Ryan mumbled to himself. Carmen shot him an irritated look.

"Let's just celebrate this American tradition." Carmen sighed while she crossed her arms.

*****
"Oh shit!" Slash yelled when he noticed that the turkey was close to being charred.

"Slash, god dammit! The first time we try to be normal people, you burn the damn turkey!" Kylie laughed while she ran over to the oven to help Slash.

"I'm sorry! I'm new at this!" Slash replied. I laughed and watched what was going on.

Danny, Ryan, Andy, Duff, and Gun's new drummer, Matt were sitting in the living room, watching the football game. Evan and Carmen were off somewhere, probably making out upstairs. I was in the kitchen with Slash, Kylie, Axl, and his girlfriend, Jenna.

Jenna has blonde hair that falls a little past her shoulders. She has brown eyes and she wears hardly any makeup. From what I've seen so far, she's extremely sweet, but I know that there's most likely a dark story underneath the sweetness.

"We walk in the door and we smell something burning!" Izzy shouted as he walked down the hallway and into the kitchen. There was a girl trailing behind him, that had light lavender hair and pale skin. She was wearing a baggy David Bowie t shirt with a pair of black ripped jeans.

"Audrey! Great to see your face again, darling!" Kylie yelled as she ran to hug the girl. Am I missing something?

"Is this Cassidy?" She asked sweetly. I nodded and smiled. "Hi! I've heard so many things about you! I'm Audrey, Izzy's girlfriend." She shook my hand.

"Hi!" I replied. Slash threw the charred turkey on to the counter.

"There goes dinner!" He joked. Kylie groaned and slapped Slash.

"Way to go! You're a star!" Kylie sarcastically gave him two thumbs up.

"Well now what?" I asked.

"Chinese takeout?" Jenna suggested.

"I'll get it." Izzy offered. We nodded and Izzy took Audrey's hand. "Let's go." He whispered. They walked out of the house to pick up the dinner.

"Hey, baby." Duff whispered in my ear. I felt him snake his arms around my waist and begin to move from side to side.

"Hey." I smiled. I turned around and pecked him on the lips.

"I need to talk to you." He smiled. I nodded and followed him out of the kitchen and into the empty dining room.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I've been thinking. How do you feel about moving back in with me?" He smirked. I breathed in.

"Is my Stooges shirt still there?" I raised my eyebrow and Duff laughed and nodded.

"Then you've got a deal." I chuckled. I leaned in and kissed him.

Without breaking the kiss, Duff pushed me against the wall and deepened the kiss. My fingers were tangled in his hair and his hands were resting on my hips.

"Hello." Danny yelled. I jumped from Duff hid my face.

"Danny!" I groaned. Danny laughed and walked away.

"Should we continue this back at my place later?" Duff laughed. I laughed with him and nodded.

"Don't forget." I winked.

A/N- if you paid attention, you would've noticed that I put in some major foreshadowing to the next books. These next few chapters are gonna have some major foreshadowing also so be ready... ;)