Busted

I sat in the leather seat of the plane. Absentmindedly, I was looking out of a one of the windows and drank some vodka. The events from last week were still replaying in my mind.

It killed me to see Audrey everyday. I wished I could tell her what her boyfriend tried to do. I wished that every time I saw Izzy I didn't begin to freak out.

"You're gonna regret that." Echoed in my ears every time Izzy passed me. It terrified me because I didn't know what he was gonna do.

"Hey." Jenna sweetly said. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her.

"Hi." I made a small smile and took a swig of the vodka.

"You okay?" She asked in a hushed tone. I shifted uncomfortably and looked at her.

"I'm fine." I lied. Jenna gave me a disbelieving stare.

"C'mon, is it because of Izzy?" She mouthed. My head shot to look at her and my eyes widened.

"What—" Jenna put up her hand to have me stop talking.

"Audrey told me about it." My jaw dropped.

"What?" I gasped.

"You should go talk to her about it." She whispered. I stood up and rushed to the back rooms.

"Audrey?" I called out. She emerged from her room. Her light purple hair was messy as usual and her makeup was smeared, but there were no signs of crying.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked. She nodded and opened the door a little more for me to come in. Thank god Izzy wasn't inside.

"I'm sure you're here to talk about Izzy." She crossed her arms and sighed. I nodded hesitatingly.

"Yeah." I whispered. Audrey sat down on the bed and scooted over, making room for me. "I've known about Izzy's problem. He's always made moves on other girls." She told while lit a cigarette.

"I'm sorry." I murmured. She shrugged.

"It's okay. He knows he needs help. So he's leaving the band to get cleaned." She whispered. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"What?" My voice was dripping with disbelief. Audrey took a drag on her cigarette and sighed.

"I know. I confronted him about it, then he told me about his plan."  She nodded. I sat there, still taking this in.

"But we're on tour." I reminded.

"Gilby Clarke is taking his position. The band already knows." I shook my head, not believing what I'm hearing.

"So, am I the last person to know?" I asked. She nodded.

"Thanks for telling me." I weakly smiled. She smiled back.

"I'm gonna miss you, Cass." She hugged me. I hugged her back.

"This isn't goodbye. You're still apart of the family." I smiled. I stood up and began to open the door.

"Thank you." She smiled. I nodded and walked out of the door.

*****
I was in a random dressing room, listening to the music that I brought along this time.